Gluten Free Cake?

Decorating By ladybuglau Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:17am by fosterscreations

ladybuglau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybuglau Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 7

does anyone have a TASTY recipe for a gluten free cake?

6 replies
erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #2 of 7

recipezaar.com/Gluten-Free-Yellow-Cake-182083

I have used this cake recipe before and it is quite tasty.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:27am
post #3 of 7

Here is link to a gluten free flour substitute that in can use instead of flour in any recipe...Thanks so much to dinas27 for coming up this it has helped me many times! My brother and I are both Celiac!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7158-Gluten-Free-Flour-Substitute.html

HTH,
Ashley

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 May 2009 , 8:26am
post #4 of 7

I posted a few links to some good GF recipes on this thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614875-gluten.html . It includes a link to a GF taste test I've done!

The recipezaar.com one erikamj posted says (on recipezaar) that the original recipe came from allrecipes; that's one of the ones I reviewed! There is a ccer who couldn't get that cake to work, but I have baked it several times with no problems. AllRecipes reviewers highly recommend Thai rice flour though--it may have made all the difference in the world. "Sweet rice flour" is a big no-no from what people say.

ladybuglau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybuglau Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 7

thanks so much! I found so many recipes online, but I wanted one that people have actually used and can vouch for a non-cardboard like taste icon_smile.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuglau

thanks so much! I found so many recipes online, but I wanted one that people have actually used and can vouch for a non-cardboard like taste icon_smile.gif

I know the feeling. I hate taking risks on recipes; I much prefer to see user comments and suggestions so I know I am not wasting time and ingredients. The allrecipes cake is excellent when paired with caramel (replaces the missing "buttery" taste you don't get in the cake) and ganache or imbc (or both!)

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:17am
post #7 of 7

I don't have a scratch recipe but have used the Kinnkinnick brand vanilla and chocolate mixes. Both are very tasty. I do add some vanilla extract to the vanilla one to cover make it smell not so rice like. I also find that mixing them with the wire whisk attachment on my KA works better and 1 mix will yield a 6inch square(two layer). When I used the paddle I had to use two mixes and at $4.99/mix that was very pricey.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%