New Jersey, Sign Petition For Legalization Of Home Bakeries

Decorating By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 10 May 2009 , 4:20am by Zamode

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:33am
post #1 of 9

Okay all you NJ members/residents: get over to the Online Petition and sign to show you support the Legalization of Home Bakeries in the state!

Here's the link: http://www.petitiononline.com:80/mod_perl/signed.cgi?NJHBL

In just over 24 hours we have 180 signatures, but we still need hundreds more!

Sign and then e-mail, phone and tell your friends, family members, pharmacists, oil delivery men, cable guys, telephone repair people, the IT dept. your kids' school teachers, your bridge club, your scrapbooking friends, your Rabbis, Priests, life coaches and your cousin's ex-wife's new boyfriend!! TELL EVERYONE - SPREAD the WORD!

Just so you know, so far I've e-mailed everyone in my address book and then went through every old e-mail to get those once in a blue moon e-mailers, then I went to my kids' school's website and e-mailed every teacher they've ever had since kindergarten (my oldest is in 6th grade!).

I then printed up business cards (Avery Ink Jet Business Cards) and gave them out to every adult at my youngest's dancing school. Do what you can to spread the word.

Also, don't forget to keep writing (especially via e-mail) to the Assemblymen and Women and Senators of the State of NJ. You can find them here (as well as a section just for e-mailing them): http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/municipalities.asp.

C'mon people, we can do this! Let's take a page out of Texas' book and follow the example that Kelley Masters has set!

C'mon - I know you're out there in Cyber New Jersey - I've PM'd all of you about our last post!! Now's the time to support this!!

8 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 May 2009 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 9
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 May 2009 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 9

GREAT JOB, PEOPLE!! WE HAVE OVER 215 SIGNATURES NOW IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!

KEEP SPREADING THE WORD!

I've printed up tear-off flyers that I'm going to post today at different places in my neighborhood and hopefully at a couple of other places. Let's try to get the number of signatures to 1,000 by the end of the week!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 9

Okay, People we have to keep spreading the word. The signatures are slowing down and it hasn't been a week yet!

We have about 354 signatures and this morning I just did another mass e-mailing to let people know about it. I sent e-mails to every teacher and staff member at my kids' elementary school and the school in the next town as well as the middle school, high school and the Girl Scouts service unit staff members!! That had to bring me to over 300 e-mails total and yet most of them are falling on deaf ears (or would that be blind eyes?). We really have to get people to start signing.

Please, please, please start annoying everyone you can! Thanks.

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 9

Just signed it and I'm going to post the link for the petition on my website.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 9

Here's another bump.
I also just sent out an email to everyone i know asking them to support this.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 9

Just FYI:

Stephanie has started a profile for us on Facebook. Look for NJ Cottage Food Law - Home Bakers Law and join us!

Thanks, Stephanie!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:20am
post #9 of 9

Bump! Will forward the petition out...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%