Need Cake Ideas For Fairest Of The Fair Reception!

Decorating By yehaw2313 Updated 6 May 2009 , 8:55pm by kerri729

yehaw2313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yehaw2313 Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 3

I was recently commissioned to make a cake for my county fair's 150th anniversary Fairest of the Fair competition (that I am also running in). I want to make something really elegant to wow everyone not only because I am running in the competition, but because in previous years they only get a sheet cake from Costco. (How Boring!)

I would like to try my hand at gum paste flowers also, but not anything too difficult.

Anyone have any ideas? send me picture links! Thank you!

2 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 3

honestly the first thing that popped into my mind when i read the title of your post was the enchanted mirror from snow white. maybe you could incorporate your idea of making gumpaste flowers into something of a castle in the forest type cake with a mirror. you could write on the mirror something about the 150 anniversary, fairest of them all etc. i don't know how to post links and i haven't even run a search to see what's in the galleries along this line but i thought i would pop an idea out there for you!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 3

Hello fellow Wisconsinite!
I ran for the very same competition in my county many years ago, so good luck to ya! Maybe do a collage including the crown, banner, depending on your county's main industry (ours is cheese / dairy)- you could also include some canival items..........carousel, ferris wheel, and outline of WI, with emphasis on your county, our state bird and flower.........oh the endless possibilities! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%