I Want A Kitchen Aid Mixer-Help!!

Decorating By SweetMelissa2007 Updated 13 May 2009 , 8:08pm by Neelas_wife

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 May 2009 , 2:35am
post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Sams club has some good deals on the KA .. I think the Pro is $269

I don't have the money for that right now so I got a Cooks on sale at JCPenneys for $99. i am sure it wont last as long as a KA but it has a 1 year warranty and I got an extended warranty for $14. Maybe by the time it breaks down I can afford a new KA. icon_smile.gif

I used the Cooks to make 5 batches of MMF the first day I got it and it worked awesome!

I got my cooks about 4 yrs ago and I love it! I paid well more than $99 for it...you got a heck of a deal!

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #32 of 46

Also wanted to add...got the new 6 qt for Christmas b/c my older 4 qt KA (about 25 yrs old!!!!!) was straining on stuff like cookie dough, buttercream, etc. I had inherited it from my mom. So now 'she' sits behind her 'big sister' on the counter, and I use her for smaller, easier stuff. icon_smile.gif But she's still kickin'! Once you buy one, you'll never use (or need!) anything else!!!
Incidently, the Amazon deal was better than BJ's and Costco with coupons and rebates! Another thing about the Costco one - it is a special one, but they don't advertise that - no one else sells that exact model - apparently very hard to find extra bowls, beaters, etc. for...So make sure whatever one you decide on that KA makes extra parts for it.

eggsnbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eggsnbakin Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #33 of 46

I also got mine on QVC, it is butter yellow, and I take it with me the first night of Course 1 every month to make icing. It is the best investment. QVC had a ton of colors when I got mine, and it was on flex pay, so it was a great deal for me!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:40am
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Sams club has some good deals on the KA .. I think the Pro is $269

I don't have the money for that right now so I got a Cooks on sale at JCPenneys for $99. i am sure it wont last as long as a KA but it has a 1 year warranty and I got an extended warranty for $14. Maybe by the time it breaks down I can afford a new KA. icon_smile.gif

I used the Cooks to make 5 batches of MMF the first day I got it and it worked awesome!

I got my cooks about 4 yrs ago and I love it! I paid well more than $99 for it...you got a heck of a deal!

4 years ago huh? Well that gives me a lot more confidence.... So far I love mine too. It has one heck of a motor. Plows right through MMF and NFSC dough.

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:17pm
post #35 of 46

I got mine new KA 600 at William Sonoma outlet around Christmas. I think it cost about $250 - $300 and I had a warranty with it. If you have a WS outlet near you, I would check it out.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #36 of 46

Wow! Some of y'all really got great deals. I bought a new KA 6 qt 525 watt Professional model 8 yrs ago and paid $350!! But, I've always said it was some of the best $ I've ever spent. I use mine like a plow mule, and it never breaks a sweat. Double batches of BC, MMF, bread dough, massive batches of cookies...no problemo! Love it!!

But, I'm glad to hear that there are other options out there. I've never heard any comments about the Cook's mixer...sounds like it works great, and is less expensive than some of the bigger names. $350 is a lot to drop at one time. But...I gotta wonder...how many of these other mixers will still be around in 25 yrs???

cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #37 of 46

Ok, so I really want the 6qt and have been doing some looking. I found a coupon for 20% off from bed bath and beyond and called to see if KA was excluded even though it is mentioned. (didn't want to get there and be disappointed) When I asked the lady about it she said no it was not excluded AND they don't exclude anything. They have to put it on the coupon, but they will honor it on everything. Not sure if this is just the one store of company wide, so I wanted to pass that on to all of you ... might help with the cost if you really are looking for something there.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:23pm
post #38 of 46

I got a KA at Bed Bath & Beyond as a wedding gift - 20% off. They also accept their coupons regardless of the expiration date and will take as many coupons as you have items. I used to throw them away because they had expired. Not any more! thumbs_up.gif

mnunez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnunez Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:35pm
post #39 of 46

well I only paid $135 icon_eek.gif for my KA the thing is...I have a friend that works @ Macy's and they had the Friends and Family discount going on and she also gave me her employee discount and to top it of I had to gift cards for $50 bucks each and it was currently on sale for $299......wait there is more they also have a free $49 attachment rebate deal going on so if you have a friend that works @ Macy's or somewhere where they sell KA ask them to help you out...I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY MIXER especially cause I only paid $135 icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:39pm
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunez

well I only paid $135 icon_eek.gif for my KA the thing is...I have a friend that works @ Macy's and they had the Friends and Family discount going on and she also gave me her employee discount and to top it of I had to gift cards for $50 bucks each and it was currently on sale for $299......wait there is more they also have a free $49 attachment rebate deal going on so if you have a friend that works @ Macy's or somewhere where they sell KA ask them to help you out...I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY MIXER especially cause I only paid $135 icon_biggrin.gif

I was the Customer Service Manager at Foley's (bought out by Macy's). If your friend gets caught "giving" you her employee discount, she could be terminated. I have seen it happen ... You might want to keep that part to yourself. icon_smile.gif

cakeaddiction Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbt4955

I got a KA at Bed Bath & Beyond as a wedding gift - 20% off. They also accept their coupons regardless of the expiration date and will take as many coupons as you have items. I used to throw them away because they had expired. Not any more! thumbs_up.gif

OH yea, I forgot they would do that! Thanks for the reminder.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:53pm
post #42 of 46

Wow, lots of good info on here! I've been looking at mixers for a while, but with my husband recently losing his job, there's not a lot of extra money sitting around! icon_biggrin.gif SOMEDAY... Until then, I'll just have to avoid all those meringue icing recipes that are predjudiced against people with no mixers... icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I'm the one who's mixing fondant for a cake for 300 this weekend and using a SPOON. At least I'll get some killer biceps!

Waiting for the killer deals on Black friday... icon_biggrin.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #43 of 46

I just recently upgraded my self from a 4 quart to a 5 quart. If anyone is looking for a KA please pm me.

It is white, comes with the mixing bowl and the dough, whisk and paddle mixing blades.

It is only 4 years old and not a mark on it icon_smile.gif I live in Toronto Canada so not sure about shipping and what not but if your local PM me for pictures and I will forward you the info.

MissLizzy

cakeaddiction Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:37pm
post #44 of 46

So I broke down and bought the 6qt KA. When I got it home my DH so you bought it huh, thats great! When I put it on the counter he made some comment about getting a mixer bigger than the house. LOL Then he said wait, let's clear off the counter over here, it will fit and look better. I had to laugh because he was being so nice about trying to get it in the perfect spot for me. icon_smile.gif

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #45 of 46

Not sure how much we paid for it, but besides my KA, my Rev-A Shelf appliance lift is the NEXT best $ I've ever spent! LOL!! The mixer weighs about 35 lbs, but the appliance lift makes life sooo easy! It's mounted into my island, which means the mixer is out of the way when not in use, takes up no counter space even when in use, and is always easy to get to. Highly recommend the Rev-A Shelf!

Neelas_wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neelas_wife Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:08pm
post #46 of 46

I got mine in Bed, bath and beyond with a 20% coupon for ~$200.....the head after 1 month stopped rotating(Mine was not refurbished) and they replaced it for free with no questions asked...For big $ items I like to buy it from the store so I can go back to them if case I have issues with it...My cousin bought hers from Amazon and after 6 yrs and lots of usage - no problems to date. Touch woodicon_smile.gif Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%