You Liars.minnie And Mickey Mouse Cakes.

Decorating By solascakes Updated 5 May 2009 , 10:30am by solascakes

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 13

You guys are all liars,you lie so much.I made my first mickey and minnie mouse cake, and it was HARD,you guys make it seem so easy icon_lol.gif .I almost died,but it was sooo exciting,thank you to all that have made these cakes,i just opened the pictures on my laptop and started to copy.Laying the black fondant was the hardest,i hope i do better next time.Pictures are in my photos,couldn't get them in here for some reason.Please let me know if you know an easier way of getting it done.Thanks again everybody for inspiration and support,love and cake.

12 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 13

Haha!!! Yes, I think Disney puts some magic Pixie Dust in their ink when they print stuff! I've only done a 2 Minnie Mouse cakes (and did choc transfer on one of them!) and it is SOOOO hard to capture that magic in cake form! can't wait to see pics!

solascakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 13

Ok, the pictures are in my photos maybe it might take a while for them to show up.I forgot to add the mickey mouse cake got stolen at the party.icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 13

solascakes

Are you serious?

solascakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 13

Peridot serious about what

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

I forgot to add the mickey mouse cake got stolen at the party.icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

solascakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 13

Yeah,the customer/friend called me the next day (sunday/yesterday), to say they had a flying mickey mouse at the party,and i asked why.......
She said they had 5 cakes at the party,some auntys brought (3)cakes as presents.So when they were taking pictures,all the guests were ohhing and ahhing the mickey and minnie cakes.They served half the minnie with the other cakes at the party,then she said she went into the kitchen where all the cakes were and the mickey had been cut into half(not served).She took the rest of the minnie to her room to hide so they had something left the next day.She came back downstairs and the mickey was GOOONNE. icon_eek.gif
The guests didn't really touch any of the other 3 cakes,I went there on sunday and there was still a whole teddy bear cake,and I said how come you still have a whole cake left,she said cos everybody wanted the mickey and minnie. icon_lol.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 13

Oh my goodnes solas cakes, that is so sad. I think you did a fabulous job on the Micky & Minnie cakes.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #9 of 13

they look awesome! Too bad about the cake thief - that's awful!!! I've never heard of anyone stealing a cake! (They must have known how fabulous it tasted!)

solascakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #10 of 13

A cake at a party would be the last thing I'll be thinking of protecting.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #11 of 13

you did a fantastic job they are so cute.

shelly

mariahuertas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariahuertas Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #12 of 13

Very good work!

solascakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:30am
post #13 of 13

Thanks guys for all your compliments I was almost embarrased to post pics icon_redface.gif , seeing the perfect ones that have been done here,but i guess the thief liked it. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%