Anyone Else Experiencing Problems

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 5 May 2009 , 4:15pm by nonnyscakes

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 15

since the new website layout, i can't read the left hand side of the posts under the pictures. very aggravating when I am trying to see how it was done. icon_cry.gif

14 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 15

Which browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome? You may need to delete cookies, cached temp files, etc. and then re-open your browser. Can you see everything else?

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 15

I am tired of this also. How long does it take to update a website - days and days? Then last night it was down completely.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 15

I keep getting the "fatal error" message. Sometimes it's like that for hours then the site is back up. It's so annoying icon_mad.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 15

I have found that when Foxfire [ my everyday browser] gets some of the error messages, I can switch to Safari and often get things to work. Try different browsers...don't know why Foxfire is so ornery at times! but then it is only on CC!

nonnyscakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 15

In defense of the CC programmers. . . . (BTW: I don't know anyone, so I am not defending them for that reason.)

Writing code for a webpage, is much like perfecting a recipe. You tweak it time and time again until it is perfect. The problem is that you are tweaking it to work with the current versions of the web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Netscape and Apple Safari). Since they are all written in different computer programming languages and each company wants their program to be the biggest and best, they issue upgrades and newer versions at various and random times. It is difficult (if not nearly impossible) for programmers of websites to keep their pages working with all of the different browers. I think CC has done a wonderful job of keeping this site up and running.

All that being said, there will be times when the site is down and possibly for extended periods of time. It just can't be helped if you want "the best" site that they can provide for your use. A site this large and with so many "extras" takes a lot of work and is usually done by a large team of programmers.

If the problem is with your web browser and your pages won't load, try the following:

1. Clear your cached temporary internet files, cookies, browsing history, saved passwords and saved form information. If your temporary internet file storage becomes too large, your browser has nowhere to save anything new and doesn't work properly. If you don't know how, search in your web browsers help file. They are all different. NOTE: It may take several minutes for the files to be deleted. Be patient.

2. If #1 didn't help, close your web browser and re-open it.

3. If #2 doesn't help, shut down your computer and restart it. (If you have long periods of time that your computer is up and running, general every day processes could interfere with the proper working of your programs.)

4. If you have a rather fast internet connection, check your browser settings to make sure that they are set to check for newer versions of stored pages automatically.

Hope this information is helpful to some of you.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 15

I know it is aggravating when the site is having problems, but I think we need to appreciate what we have here. We have unlimited inspiration, support, assistance, teaching ... and it is all free. I have paid several hundred dollars for a couple of days instruction in gumpaste flowers or fondant work. I have gotten months worth of pretty personal instruction from CC'ers and haven't paid a dime.

Be patient and be thankful for this site. The website issues will be worked out soon enough.

Martha

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 15

It can a little annoying, I have gotten "fatal error" a few times myself.

HOWEVER, I remind myself, that there is no fee to join this website, and despite this upgrades are continually being made to improve our experience.

Thank you Jackie and Heath!

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 15

THANKS TO ALL. Being the illterate computer idiot that I am, still not sure. It has to be in my settings. Home computer is fine but this work one is going to drive me to drink. I really do appreciate the site (spend hours on here). I'm thinking here that it is me and not the site.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 15

Give it a chance...they are improving the website...
Edna icon_smile.gif

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #11 of 15

I just found this site a few weeks ago and quickly got addicted. So when I started getting the fetal errors I felt like a new crack addicted that had their stash stolen lol. I'm not gonna lie; I've stared at the screen hitting refresh for a solid 5 minutes praying that it would load. icon_redface.gif

All the updates just make me appreciate the site even more icon_biggrin.gif Plus I feel so much better when the page does load and I can get my cakecentral crack fix.

nonnyscakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #12 of 15

tiggerjo: What browser are you using? Maybe I can help....

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:01pm
post #13 of 15

How do you girls feel about the photo layout in the home page? I personally hated.

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #14 of 15

I was so glad to see this topic. I thought it was only me, I am a new member of this site and I am addicted! Spending way too much time on this! So when I get that fatal error message I panic!!

Katie

nonnyscakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #15 of 15

I love all of the improvements. I don't see how they just keep making a good thing better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%