Brush Embroidery Question

Decorating By Andy383240 Updated 5 May 2009 , 7:52pm by Andy383240

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 6

Are there patterns for brush embroidery or does one just go at it and learn by experience? I've found instuctions on-line, but haven't found books or patterns. Thanks!

5 replies
nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:44am
post #2 of 6

I don't know if there are patterns exactly for brush embroidery, but you can use any drawing, make sure it is simple in design. Then pipe around outline then pipe around the inside of the outline with your royal icing, doing only one flower or petal at a time so it doesn't harden too fast. Using a tip one or two most of the time. Take your dampen brush, flatter brushes work better, wipe on top of your hand to make sure have excess water off and begin on the inside piping, gently pulling in to the center of the design. Do it gently so you still have a thicker amount of royal at the outer edge and gets much less icing as you get closer to center of the design. You can practice by using simple shapes or flowers from coloring books. If you see a design on wrapping paper, cards, napkins etc, just make a simplified tracing of it an you can use anything for patterns. lol

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:57am
post #3 of 6

What she ^^^ said.

You can also do brush emb. with bc as well.
Here's a video by serious_cakes showing you how:

HTH!

Andy383240 Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the info! I'm going to give it a go. If I succeed, the results will appear in the gallery someday. icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 6

I'm sure your going to do great. You have have some awesome cakes in your gallery!

Andy383240 Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the compliment on the cakes in the gallery. They were a joint effort with my son. We have worked together on other types of art work for many years. After watching the cake shows on TV, he decided we should try cake as a medium. We are still learning and appreciate all the wonderful feedback from CC participants. icon_biggrin.gif You guys are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%