Wrapping Cookies To Look Nice

Baking By justErin Updated 14 May 2009 , 11:18pm by bakinccc

justErin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justErin Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 12

I am going to be making some Cross cookies like this
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1360769

rather than put 18 names on a cake for confirmation. I don't have any cello bags, don't have them available in town (SMALL town) and don't have time to order them. This is a last minute adjustment, so if you have any tips on how to package the cookies that would look nice but be able to do easily with like saran wrap, I would be MUCH appreciated.

I am going to do white on white with red names, and I do have red ribbon I could use, too!

TIA!

11 replies
justErin Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

I keep getting an error message every time I've tried responding to forum topics, or I would've posted a reply to your request about packaging cookies. You don't need to use cello bags. Use regular fold top baggies. Just use a scissor to cut where the bag is folded over, so it lies flat. Slip in your cookie, then tie with some curling ribbon. It looks just as nice as a cello bag, and it's lots cheaper!

GeminiRJ was having problems posting, and this is what she PM'd me. Thought I would post it for anyone who is wondering how to package their cookies.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 12

I live in a small town as well and I found that walmart has bags by the cake supply section. Other than that my only other thought would possible be to use quart size ziploc bags and cut off the zip lock. (Obviously that would depend on the size of your cookie.

justErin Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #4 of 12

Thanks cricket! We don't even have a Walmart here though! Closest one is 120 miles away.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 12

Wow! I thought I lived in a small town, but you have me beat. Our town population is up to 710 and our closest Walmart is 20 minutes away. You should be able to use the zip locks then. As I said you can cut off the top and if it doesn't leave enough room to tie a small bow on the top, you could always fold the opening behind th cookie and tape it shut. Good luck.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 12

If they have Baggies brand bags at your grocery store, they don't have a fold top and they're a little longer than the fold top kind. They're super cheap too.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 12

I am using Sandwich bags with fold$close top, they are available at any grocery store. The fold top actualy look nice when it curled with a ribbon.

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:26pm
post #8 of 12

I was aso gonna say use small plastic bags and cut off either the folds or the zipper part if you use those kind. I did this not too long ago. Just used the cheaper ones.

justErin Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone! I will see what they have when I get to town this week.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:50pm
post #10 of 12

I have been using fold top sandwich bags as well. I use the Wilton Cookie Pop pans, and I can't find any bags that are big (wide) enough in the cake decorating section. They seem to work fine, and are so much cheaper!! That is what I used in the picture here...
LL

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 12

Saran wrap will work fine in a pinch. Cut a long piece and fold in half; place your cross upright into the fold and wrap the excess to the back and tape. ( You can also use a nice sticker for this ) Pull the top pieces together and tie with a ribbon. Cut the ends to even them up. ( Use pinking sheers for a different look). You should end up with a cross standing up with the ribbon tied at the top. I hope this make sense. I should add that the baggies will work much better as they are thicker. Saran wrap won't give as nice a presentation.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 12

Hey justerin!!! Just wanted to say good luck in making the cross cookies. I'm highly complimented that you want to make them! I'm sure they'll turn out great so post pics when you're done! Oh, and I've heard other people use the sandwich bag idea and it worked out well for them too. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%