Vasectomy-Get Well Cake Ideas Needed!

Decorating By PinkDragonfly Updated 13 May 2009 , 10:44am by jaybug

PinkDragonfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkDragonfly Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 12

I would like to make a "get well" cake for my brother-in-law who is having a vasectomy. I need ideas for a cake that suggests that he has had the operation without being too graphic...no body parts please, children will be present and I would like te to show pics to my grandmas, lol. Any theme ideas?[/list]

11 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 12

He will be needing a very large ice bag for about 12-24 hours. You could do the old fashioned kind :

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/pic/280x280/13/19/ice_bag.jpg

icon_lol.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 12

Well, I've never really thought of this as occassion for a cake (or even something you really want to announce), but go over to cakewrecks.blogspot.com. There are some entertaining ones there that might give you ideas.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 12

LOL, can it be humerous? How about a big ice pace, and some baseballs/tennis balls/basket balls/soccer balls rolling away? If the kids ask questions you could say it's because he wont be able to play any sports until he gets better

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 12

I love the bag of ice or a bag of peas. I have to laugh at this b/c my husband just had his procedure a couple of weeks ago.

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 12

It's hard not to be too graphic. I would probably do two giant blue balls. icon_smile.gif Are you good friends with him? Can he take a joke? I'm actually trying to decide if I should do a hemorroid (sp) cake for my bro in law, and then how to do it funny and not gross. If y'all have ideas, I would appreciate them. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your question, Pinkdragonfly.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 12

I like the idea of just the ice bag......kinda saids it all......

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 12

Love the ice pack idea, but was thinking to add a sling or splint to it although I am not sure how.

If you really want to keep it kid friendly how about a wood pecker hanging off the side of the tree with a bandage around his beak...

PinkDragonfly Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone for your ideas...I'll be making the cake today and will post it later so if you want to see what I wind up doing, check back later today or in the morning. Hope it works out!

Oh and yes my bro-in-law can DEFFINITELY take a joke, if I made the cake down right raunchy, he would laugh, but I don't want to go too far down that road. lol

PinkDragonfly Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:58am
post #10 of 12

Hi everyone, just wanted to get back with my results:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1361355.html

Check it out, thanks for your ideas, and thanks for looking!

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #11 of 12

I would put a baby tranfer on the cake surrounded by a circle and a line going through meaning : NO Babies

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:44am
post #12 of 12

It's a little too late for this idea but I would have covered the cake with lots of babies to remind him why he had the procedure! icon_lol.gif But anyway your cake turned out very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%