Need Help With Tappits

Decorating By sugarlicious Updated 4 May 2009 , 12:52pm by sugarlicious

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on using Tappits, I have tried and tried and can't seem to get the letters to come loose from the Tappits without sticking and ruining the letters. I have used cornstarch on Tappits and fondant, I have used shortening on Tappits and fondant, I have left the fondant for a little while to see if it would come out easier and still sticks, I have watched Edna's video on Youtube and she makes it look so easy, it is really frustrating me that I can't get them to work. I use MMF with Tylose powder to make my own gumpaste, should I probably put more tylose in the fondant or maybe leave the fondant out longer to get harder then try? How about if I put the rolled fondant in the freezer for awhile then try, would that work? To buy the readymade fondant or gumpaste would be over a 2 hour drive for me so would rather to be able to use my homemade gumpaste. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My first question to the forum, hope I wasn't too long-winded, lol.

2 replies
ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, welcome to CC

Aine2 has a video on tappits too. She uses a different technique than Edna.
http://www.howcast.com/videos/7925-How-To-Use-Letter-Cutters-With-Gumpastemodelling-Paste

HTH

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for answering my questions icon_biggrin.gif I just watched her video and I think one of my problems was I wasn't rolling my fondant thin enough for the funky letters, will have to practise some more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%