Help Pleeaase!

Decorating By glory98 Updated 4 May 2009 , 10:29pm by glory98

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:17am
post #1 of 6

need to apply an edible image on a fondant cake. how do i apply the image? how do i take it off the paper? no clue? did i have to print the image in reverse so that when i put it on the cake would be the correct way?

please someone! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:27am
post #2 of 6

I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will come to your aid -- don't panic yet! Good luck!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:37am
post #3 of 6

try http://sdbytracy.com/frozenbutter.htm (sweet dreams by tracy cake decorating) for step by step instructions

hth!! and yes, that's why you did the picture on the backside...so front side will be on the cake!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:40am
post #4 of 6

Forgot to say....you can also google Sweet Dreams by Tracy cake decorating, and her site pulls right up. Lots of ideas and how-tos.
hth

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 6

Not certain if you are doing a frozen buttercream transfer or if you are doing a printed edible image. If it's the FBT, then the instructions posted before are ok.

If it's the edible image, you print it, pop it in the refrigerator for a bit and it tends to release from the paper. You do not need to print it in reverse.

Hope this helps.

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 6

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP. YES ITS AN EDIBLE IMAGE. BEFORE I READ THE POST, I TOOK THE IMAGE AND WENT TO SAMS STORE - TO THE BAKERY - THEY SHOWED ME HOW TO DO IT - YES THEY POP IT IN THE FREEZER FOR A FEWW SECONDS AND IT RELEASES FROM THE PAPER - FANTASTIC! I TOOK IT HOME - I POPPED IT IN MY FREEZER AND GUESS WHAT? ITS BEEN THERE FOR ALMOST 1/2 AND HOUR AND I JUST CAN'T RELEASE IT FROM THE DAMN PAPER- I DONT HAVE A SAMS CLUB FREEZER!

GUESS I WILL HAVE TO GLUE THE PAPER COPY I DID ONTO THE CAKE.

ANYWAY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%