Wilton Cake Decorating Course- Do You Remember The Rainbow

Decorating By 2SimplySweet Updated 7 May 2009 , 12:03pm by specialk3782

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:29am
post #1 of 8

Cake? I am a newbie and really don't know what to expect in the course but that rainbow cake just rubs me the wrong way LOL... I decided not to be a rebel in the class but I was curious as to how many of you talented ladies felt the same way. Thanks for commenting! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #2 of 8

What rainbow cake? Why is it wrong? Can you explain mer for those of us not in the know?

Any pics?

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #3 of 8

only thing that bugged me was that it was only four colours, not the seven of a real rainbow.

but I get like that.

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:33am
post #4 of 8

When I took the Wilton Courses, my instructor gave us the option of doing the rainbow cake or doing another cake with star tip. (We ended up doing star-tip pumpkins). Noone in my class did the rainbow cake. It's kinda dated, ya know. The whole rainbow thing just reminds me of the 80's. lol

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:35am
post #5 of 8

Rainbow Bright!

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 8

Not sure what it was about the rainbow cake but I wasn't going to do it unless I had to. Just didn't like the cake.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 8

I didn't do the rainbow. Our instructor had us bring in cookie cutters, and we used those as presses in our BC, and decorated the outlines with the star tip. I used a snowflake cutter, blue and white BC, and cake sparkles. It was actually kind of pretty, but wow, I could have done better.

specialk3782 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialk3782 Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 8

A lot of people in the class did rainbows when i took it, but I was the rebel. I took cookie cutters of large flowers and a circle in the middle to make an imprint of the design and filled them in with the star tip. It was simple but really cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%