Encouragement Cookies?

Baking By lkoenig07 Updated 13 May 2009 , 9:22pm by Lita829

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 5

A lady in our church was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She's such a sweetie & a pretty good friend. She loves my cakes & cookies & I want to make her a cookie basket. I was wondering what kind of cookies to do? I want to make sugar ones, but should I cut them out? And if so, how should I decorate them?

4 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 5

Hmmm, maybe some smilie faces with one that says "keep smiling". Or I saw a bouquet online recently that looked like lemon slices with a pitcher and one cookie said " when like gives you lemons make lemonade" or something like that.

Since she is from your church you could do some flowers and say God bless you or praying for you. Maybe give her a card with scriptures about healing, I know nothing to do with cookies but then you could do some non decorated ones and still give a message of encouragement.

If I think of any other ideas I'll post here. I'm sure you will come up with something really nice for her! icon_smile.gif

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 5

Hi lkoenig07 icon_smile.gif
I felt compelled to answer your question, as I'm currently at home going through treatment for breast cancer myself. First of all, just letting her know that you are her friend, and will "be there" for her is the most important thing. My strength every day comes not only from within, but knowing my friends and family are right there with me every step of this fight. As far as cookies, she will LOVE anything that you give her! I really like the previous suggestions of "making lemonade" or smiley faces. Both would make me smile! Anything you give her will be appreciated because it's coming from your heart.

I'll be thinking of your friend and praying for her recovery.

Joanne

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 5

Joanne, i am praying for you and your recovery!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

Hi. I kind of stumbled on this conversation and I think that it is a wonderful thing that you are going to do. I think that she will appreciate anything that you give her because it is not only coming from your hands...it's coming from your heart. All the suggestions have been wonderful and I'm sure will put a smile on your friend's face...especially flowers or smiley faces.

At the age of 27, I had a breast cancer scare and I know the importance of knowing that you are not alone.

Your friend and Joanne will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%