15" Round Pan Servings?

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 9 May 2009 , 6:16pm by varika

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

I've googled and can't find how many wedding servings in a 15" round. Anyone know? I'm terrible w/ math!

5 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 6

I am not absolutely postive that my answer is correct, but I think it would be 70 if you were basing your serving sizes and cutting pattern on Wilton charts. Here is my justification. According to the Wilton charts a 14" serves 63 and a 16" serves 77. If you were to take the 14" cake and add a 1" perimeter, you would get approximately 7.5 servings (63 + 7 = 70). If you add another inch, you would have approximately 8 additional servings (70 + 8 = 78 servings). My best guess would be 70 servings in a 15" round that is 4" high.

HTH

beachcakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 6

lees_luv - thanks so much for the response! I didn't get a notification. icon_sad.gif

I was trying to use math formulas - can never remember if it's diameter x pi or radius2 x pi! your way is easier! icon_smile.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

lees_luv - thanks so much for the response! I didn't get a notification. icon_sad.gif

I was trying to use math formulas - can never remember if it's diameter x pi or radius2 x pi! your way is easier! icon_smile.gif

Um....twice the radius IS the diameter.

beachcakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 6

You are right, varika! I was trying to figure out how to type the "squared" symbol. icon_smile.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

You are right, varika! I was trying to figure out how to type the "squared" symbol. icon_smile.gif

Oh! Pi*r-squared is area of the cake, while pi*d or 2*pi*r is circumference. Sorry, didn't understand what you were posting. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%