Do You Give Them Boxes?

Decorating By LucyintheSky Updated 4 May 2009 , 3:04am by paulstonia

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:07pm
post #31 of 36

I have just recently started using clear domes. They snap tight....you can see the fabulous cake inside and keep them a little fresher. I got them from my local wholesale guy. I think you can get a couple of sizes at Sams.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:04pm
post #32 of 36

I have sent out several 3 tiered cakes.I use taller square moving boxes with slip resistant rubber matting underneath.The cakes are very cold etc..I do still tell customers and also state on my website that I am not responsible for a cake once it leaves my care! I have never had a accident yet! Knock on wood...HEE!HEE!

Laurelicon_smile.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:19pm
post #33 of 36

I would never, ever give a customer a cake without a box. Years ago, I picked up a doll cake and the baker just handed the cake to me. I asked for the box and they said that they did not have one to fit. I was livid. How can you not give me a box, and not prepare me to bring my own. I think that's unprofessional. When I make an oversized cake, I just buy a shipping box from Walmart. It's worth a buck or two to look professional. If not, just add the box into the total cost of the cake.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:30pm
post #34 of 36

I always box. I wouldn't want to go into--- say Applebee's for a carry out and be handed a plate of food--- same thing.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 3 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #35 of 36

I do mainly cakes for friends and family. If I find myself attending the event, I will bring the cake in a plastic carrier: I have the standard cake carriers as well as some larger storage type carriers that will fit most size cakes. Otherwise, the cake goes in a box.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #36 of 36

What about the cakes with the pretty fondant covered cake boards. I've been doing them on the foam core boards and they don't fit in anything. I just bake for family and friends so it's not a big deal, just wondered what everyone else does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%