Anybody Here Near Moyock, Nc?

Business By smoore Updated 6 May 2009 , 10:38am by Jannie92869

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 8

I just got a call from my sister begging me to come out to make her daughter's cake the end of this month. Unfortunatly, there's no way I can do that. They're looking for a budget bride cake - a 12" and 8", white and black. They only found one baker in their area and they are trying to talk them out of white - going to basically off white - and are telling them to pick out silk flowers to put on the cake thumbsdown.gif , as they won't do flowers. She just doesn't have a good feeling about it at all. They are looking for a simple cake, not anything time consuming and are on a budget. They are from Moyock, NC, but the wedding is just over the Virginia border. If you are from that area and are available for a 5/30 wedding, let me know and I'll put you in contact with them. I've thought about doing flowers for her and sending them out, but we're afraid they'd all break in shipping and she really won't have time to decorate the cake herself, so that's a no-go.

7 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 8

That's too far from me. Maybe this will bump you up.

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:59am
post #3 of 8

Can you be more specific where Moyock is?

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:01am
post #4 of 8

Can you be more specific where Moyock is?

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:10am
post #5 of 8

i'm in the peninsula area in va so that's too far for me.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:10am
post #6 of 8

Looks like it's near Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. Have they looked for a bakery there? I know time might be an issue now, but I would think there would be lots of options there. I'd love to help, but not only am I a bit too far away, but I don't (can't!) do flowers, either. icon_redface.gif

heavenlybaked2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlybaked2 Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #7 of 8

hi, i'm 4hours away, but i can make the trip, that wont be problem at all. i have the time. let me know...

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:38am
post #8 of 8

I'm right in your area.....what type of flowers are you looking for? Do you have a picture of the cake? Any other details?

Feel free to PM me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%