Faded Pink

Decorating By KristaK Updated 1 May 2009 , 10:22pm by solascakes

KristaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristaK Posted 1 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake going out tomorrow for a baptism and I made this very cute pair of pink shoes to go on top. I am now covering the cake and the pinks are different due to fading. icon_cry.gif What would you do? Make new shoes or hope the cake fades to the same color by Sunday?

And here I was hoping to get some sleep tonight.

4 replies
sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry to hear that the shoes faded..i've had that happen before with gumpaste. I think when sun gets to them, it fades.

Do you have any pink petal dust or something close? Maybe you could just brush some on to brighten the pink. To get the colors to match at this point might not be possible. I would try and alter the colors with the dust, and make it look like it was meant to be different shades. ;0)

Good luck

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 5

Do they look bad as different shades? Could you tie in the different shades? It really is tough to match fondant to BC. Just keep your shoes and cake out of the sun!

KristaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristaK Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

It's gum paste and fondant and I'm pretty sure she'd like them to match as much as possible. The shoes have little white polka dots so I guess I might have to try and take then off and dust the shoes darker.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 5

I wouldn't even touch the shoes at all,i'll just pretend it's meant to look like that,i'm sure it'll look nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%