Anyone Know Tx Liscensing Rules?

Business By Shalita Updated 4 May 2009 , 3:11pm by jewelykaye

Shalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shalita Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 7

I want to start a cake decorating business at my home. Does anyone know what are the requirements for texas? PLZ HELP icon_smile.gif

6 replies
hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 7

Right now it isn't legal to sell cakes out of your home in TX. Here is a thread where we are trying to get this law changed.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-622123-.html

Shalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shalita Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 7

THANK YOU, hopefully this lwas passes soon!

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 7

But if you own a home and have a detached garage you can turn it into a commercial kitchen and that is legal in TX.

But yes, pray that the bill passes.

pippi_plum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pippi_plum Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:52am
post #5 of 7

Jewelykaye,
I live in Texas and have a building off my house I would like to turn into my "cake shop". What steps would I need to go through to make this legal?

Pips

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:10pm
post #6 of 7

You need to contact your city/counting zoning board and make sure this is possible for you to do, then your county's Health Department so they can guide you through making sure your building meets all the necessary requirements.

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 7

You need to contact your local health department and they should be able to assist you with what requirements there are. I know a couple things will be a 3 bay sink and a grease trap.

Also, if you live in a Home Owner's Association community you will have to get their approval for you to have a business.

Lastly, you might think about waiting until the end of May to see if this bill passes. It could save you a lot of money.

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%