Emergancy! I Need Help!

Decorating By Karema Updated 4 May 2009 , 1:03am by Karema

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 12

Hi all I don't mean to sound rushed or panicked but I am about to lose it. I'm doing a confirmation cake that is due at 2:30 and I have to put an edible photo on it. Well my hubby but the edible photo in the fridge and it has been in there for about a week. I took it out today and let it come to room temp and it wont come off of the paper. It just is like cracking in feels kind of soft. What can I do to save the pic. I dont have another edible photo and I dont have the original to take it to the shop to have it printed. Help please!!! Can it be saved?

I added this note the cake disaster section as well because I wasnt sure of which one it should go in.

Karema

11 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 12

Put it in the freezer for a few minutes and it will come right off.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 12

instead of fighting trying to get it off.. do you have some gumpaste or fondant that you could make a plaque to set it on instead of putting it right on the icing??

Karema Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 12

It's in the freezer as I write. I dont have gumpaste or fondant on hand and dont have the time or supplies to make mmf. I'm praying that this works. I will let you know in a few.

Karema Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 12

Thank you thank you thank you Donna. It worked like a charm. It popped right off. I can breathe out now. I'm going to run and finish this. And again thank you. That is why I love you guys!!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 12

I'm so glad you got your problem solved!!!! People on here always know exactly what to do and are willing to share.

hollie77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollie77 Posted 1 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 12

I'm just getting into making cakes, but I was wondering after I saw this post where you all get the edible images done at? Do bakeries actually let you use their stuff? Thanks in advance!

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:20am
post #8 of 12

Glad that worked for you Karema!!

Hi Hollie,
Lots of bakeries are offering the service of printing photos on icing sheets, most of your popular grocery stores will do it for you and you can take it with you. Some of the companies that sell edible printer and supplies also do prints for customers as well. I do them for my company for customers, the down side is I am not the cheapest either. But you can count on getting the best quality print and sometimes better than what you expected when I do them.

Sorry was putting myself on a pedestal there ha ha ha

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:31am
post #9 of 12

Why on earth would you store an edible image in the refrigerator for a week?

When I do them for others, I print them and put them in a ziplock bag at room temp. Never had a problem in 5 years of doing it this way.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:32pm
post #10 of 12

I'm glad your problem got solved. I only did an edible image once and was told to use at as soon as possible.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #11 of 12

Oi! Never in the fridge again! Yikes!

Karema Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Why on earth would you store an edible image in the refrigerator for a week?

If you noticed I said my husband put it in the fridge. He was trying to be helpful because he went to the store and got it for me. He thought it would melt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%