Affordable Edible Image System?

Decorating By cuteums Updated 2 May 2009 , 10:34pm by tmterlaan

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 9

I was wondering where I could get affordable edible image cartridges and paper? I have an HP printer. If anyone knows where they'd make an image up for me that would be good too. Thanks.

8 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 9

There is a person on Ebay that sells the Epson CX8400 for 60.00 includes shipping a VERY nice printer. You have to have a printer that's only used for edible ink. The sheets and inks I got from kopykake.com so total was 150.00 and otherwise they are 499.00 I love it and use it all the time. Hope this helps you some.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 9

Most store bakeries will do an edible image. Wal Mart does them for $5.00. I have had them make 2 for me.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 9

I'll look into e-bay. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately my Walmart is not a supermarket too and doesn't have a bakery. That would have been a great option for what I want to do. Maybe costco?

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 9

SAMS CLUB - BAKERY ALSO MAKES EDIBLE IMAGES

I JUST GOT ONE FOR $8.00

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #6 of 9

Hi cutems,
Check on this thread, I had just made a post about this a few minutes ago, and I can do and edible photo or image for you if you like.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-629625.html

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:37am
post #7 of 9

Actually any grocery store that does them will probably sell you one, I bought mine from Giant Eagle for 8.00 they just won't do any copy written stuff.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:30am
post #8 of 9

My bakery will as long as you photoshop the little C out icon_smile.gif

tmterlaan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmterlaan Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 9

I just bought an Epson printer at Office Max for $40.00, then ordered the KopyKake icing sheets and edible printer cartridges as well for $140.00 for a total of $180.00. I ordered extra refillable ink, other wise it would have only cost $100.00 so for around $150.00 you can get started. My advice, go to the KopyKake site. They have all of the printer types, which there are a lot, but only canon and epson. The have charts for which ink cartridges you need for each printer. If you are going to do this a lot, I recommend getting the system. Keep in mind, that they recommend you get a new printer that has not already had regular ink in it. KopyKake makes it very, very easy. good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%