Farmer's Market--Prepackage?

Baking By lhayes1976 Updated 2 May 2009 , 2:12pm by cylstrial

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 2

I've been accepted as a vendor a local farmer's market. I will be selling my cupcakes as well as some jam, jellies, salsa, etc. I do have to label each product with an ingredient label. So, should I just go ahead a prepackage the cupcakes? I'm really hesitant to use plastic, even though they would be so much more convenient. Trying to stay "green". I am planning on using the brown boxes from BRP. This is not going to be an extremely high traffic market, so I may just have time to go ahead a package for them as they are waiting. Also, how should I store the cuppies that are waiting to be sold?

I'm very excited about this, not so much in selling a ton, but getting our name out there. Any suggestions welcome on selling at a marker/event.

1 reply
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 2

I would definitely prepackage at least 1 dozen. And then if you have time you could package the rest of them while you are there. But you may just want to have them packaged so that bugs and other things don't fly onto the cupcakes while you are sitting there selling them.

You should definitely lay business cards or fliers out on your table. And you might want to have a sample tray to encourage people to buy your cupcakes.

Good luck with your new adventure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%