I Forgot The Eggs!! Lol

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 15 May 2009 , 7:52pm by Yenep

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #1 of 13

I have just finished 4 dozen chocolate cupcakes and still baking, when I was on here reading and yelled "OMG I forgot the eggs!" My husband just busted out laughing. I am running around saying I knew the batter was awful thick!

Well I added some eggs, but have to tell you. I just ate one of the unegged cupcakes and they are the BOMB! They are extremely light and fluffy. Like a brownie cloud....Ahhhhhhhh!

12 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:50am
post #2 of 13

As Bob Ross said, "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents!" lol Sadly, it's not always true in the kitchen, but this was one of those times!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 13

Hey, you might have just discovered something!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 13

I learned the same thing by mistake!! I was making a choc. cake for a friend of mine and I was trying to move quickly and I was exhausted. Well, right afer I put the cake in the oven I realized that I forgot to include the eggs!!! Well, when it came out of the oven I leveled it and tasted the pieces that I cut off and it was really yummy! She never noticed a thing and I'm not telling!!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 13

This must be "eggless sunday" LOL. I did the same thing with vanilla cupcakes this morning. Mine shrunk up pretty badly though. Taste good... but ugly.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

I have just finished 4 dozen chocolate cupcakes and still baking, when I was on here reading and yelled "OMG I forgot the eggs!" My husband just busted out laughing. I am running around saying I knew the batter was awful thick!

Well I added some eggs, but have to tell you. I just ate one of the unegged cupcakes and they are the BOMB! They are extremely light and fluffy. Like a brownie cloud....Ahhhhhhhh!

Would you mind sharing the recipe for someone with an egg allergy (like me?) icon_biggrin.gif

BlissKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlissKitchen Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 13

I've totally done this before... it was just a box cake (how bad do you have to be to mess up a box cake? haha) but nonetheless, i forgot the eggs. I ended up not using that batch of cakes because I felt like it MUST taste horrid, but when The Husband and I tasted them, it tasted totally the same... so I have decided it is a great way to cut back on some cholesterol, calories, and fat!... not that I'd do it again on purpose. I didn't notice any problem with texture, size, look or taste so this would be great for an egg allergy.

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #8 of 13

that is so funny, I'm glad it worked out for you. I dropped a cupcake gift basket on sunday, I really could have cried but I did discover that silver cake sparkles on top of coconut is really pretty, like moonlight on snow.

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #9 of 13

It must be going around. I was doubling a cake batter this weekend. As I went down the list puting double of everything in the bowl, until I got to the flour and sugar. Which I didn't double. I remembered after they were in the oven. It turns out my family couldn't tell the differnce either! icon_biggrin.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #10 of 13

Well, all I can say about this is DON"T forget the sour cream in the WASC. It really tastes dry!!!! I know you are all laughing at me. The worst part was that the sour cream was sitting on the counter right beside me, and it wasn't until the cake was in the oven for about 10 min already and I had finished cleaning up and putting the container in the fridge that I remembered. UGH!!!! STOP LAUGHING!!!!!

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:06am
post #11 of 13

oh man i always do silly things when i am not thinking. Try making gingerbread and forgetting the ginger icon_eek.gif i was about to start cutting it into shapes and i am am like AHH THE GINGER!! so i had to sort of mix it into my ball of dough but it ended up tasting pretty much normal lol silly me!

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:18am
post #12 of 13

Forgot the sugar once, icon_mad.gif Not something I would recommend, the cupcakes tasted YUK!

Yenep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yenep Posted 15 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #13 of 13

Made brownies this weekend and forgot to add the water. No one noticed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%