Pasta Machne.

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm by JenniferMI

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 7

I have a pasta machine that I have had for years. Manual one. I could not use it when making flowers. As I got to 5 and 6 settings it just wrinkles the fondant all up and puts marks in it and then it was ruined. So I just rolled it out myself. Anyone else have this trouble?

6 replies
classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 7

I have one with an electric motor and it does just fine. I wonder if the hand cranking affects it?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #3 of 7

I have an old hand-crank pasta machine too. I tried it with fondant, but it was more trouble than just rolling the fondant out by hand. It did work for me, it just took longer rolling it through and adjusting the knob and rerolling and all that, compared to just a silicone mat and a rolling pin.

One thing that helps is to have a pastry brush with cornstarch and dust over the whole piece and the rollers before you put it through.

timhenk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
timhenk Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #4 of 7

Yes, I have the same problem with my manual pasta roller. Not sure why. In pastry school we used the pasta rollers that you attach to your KA and never had problems, but they're pretty expensive. I wish my manual machine worked better.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 7

I bought a clay machine. It is similar to a manual pasta roller. I have never had problems out of mine. I bought it at Michael's with a coupon.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 7

I had the same problem before. All I did Is I roll it in a thicker setting and then I reroll it for the final roll. It worked out just fine.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 7

I only used a hand crank pasta machine for years. Sounds like it just needs to be cleaned. Dust your paste B4 inserting it thru.

If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me. I teach pasta machine 101 in my classes icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%