Best Suggestion For Fat Daddio Pans????

Decorating By apetricek Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 3:09am by erikamj

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all I have Fat Daddio pans, and to this point I really do not care for them. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to "making them work" up to their potential??? I have baked them at a lower and higher temp, but honestly haven't really been that impressed with them. I of course have a cake to do this weekend, and I was going to give them another try. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I tried to find some suggestions online, but haven't gotten anywhere. So anyone?? Thanks for taking the time to read this! :c)

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 4

I have a whole set of square ones that I ordered and then didn't use because they came and I saw the edges weren't perfectlly square........but anyhow, I have some sheet cake pans and round ones from fat daddios and they work just fine. I bake at around 325 degrees and they work like a charm. What sorts of issues are you having with them?

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 4

I think they tend to dry out the edges of my cakes. Like I said I used them before. I have also tried lower and higher heat. When I used my chocolate cake, didn't seem to be an issue, although my chocolate is super moist. I just thought that maybe someone had an idea that I haven't tried. I guess I will try it again and see what happens, thanks for your help!

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

I bake my cakes at 350 in these pans. I tried to bake some cakes at 325 when I first got them and they were complete disasters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%