Success! I Did It And I'm Hooked!

Decorating By underthesun Updated 1 May 2009 , 3:12pm by Misdawn

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 15

Just wanted share my excitement. I finally completed a cake I had planned and worked on for 2 weeks. With 2 days of cake disasters - My fondant failed twice (threw them away) - my original cakes were too moist and fell apart when I tried to level them - and my buttercream was too stiff (I thinned it out and it was great). I ended up using Satin Ice dark chocolate fondant and life was great. The teachers raved about the cakes and raspberry filling! They couldn't believe I made all the fondant decorations. Thanks for all the CC help and those who pepped me up after my first day of "cake disasters"!

Oh, I almost forgot, the most exciting part, I signed up to take a 3 day course at Notters School of Pastry - Collete Peters Wedding cakes. I can't wait!!!

cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1356610

14 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 15

How frustrating to have all these issues trying to get a cake done. Glad it turned out in the end...sounds delicious...raspberry and chocolate!

That class sounds awesome. Have a great time.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 15

Your cake turned out super cute!
Here is the link so that everyone can just click on it! (Instead of having to copy and paste in the browswer).

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1356610

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 15

The fondant looks so smooth. Excellent work.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:25am
post #5 of 15

It's WONDERFUL, great job!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 15

Flawless fondant work! Love it.

LP4702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LP4702 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 15

I love it!!! You did a great job!!!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 15

Wow! Your fondant IS flawless. Excellent work. Wish my fondant looked that great!

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 15

Thanks for the fondant comments! I couldn't have done it without the Sugarshack DVD. I not only watched it through to the end, but played it on my laptop, as I worked on the cake (constantly pausing and rewinding). Completing a fondant cake tomorrow and will try without running the DVD (won't be surprised if I pull it out). Thanks again! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm
post #10 of 15

Nice!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:23pm
post #11 of 15

Your cake is so cute. Great fondant work. It looks great.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:25pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun

Oh, I almost forgot, the most exciting part, I signed up to take a 3 day course at Notters School of Pastry - Collete Peters Wedding cakes. I can't wait!!!

cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1356610

Ohhh I love classes! I am going to one at King Arthur Flour in Vermont in May. Please take photos (if you can) and pass along any good tips!

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun

Thanks for the fondant comments! I couldn't have done it without the Sugarshack DVD. I not only watched it through to the end, but played it on my laptop, as I worked on the cake (constantly pausing and rewinding). Completing a fondant cake tomorrow and will try without running the DVD (won't be surprised if I pull it out). Thanks again! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I am wondering if anyone has dvd's they are willing to create a swap library with? I have some as well as books.

Do you think it is too crazy of an idea because of the distance? Sort of a Netflix for CC members.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 May 2009 , 7:48am
post #14 of 15

OMG! Your cake is AWESOME! Fondant work is flawless and the figures are so adorable!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:12pm
post #15 of 15

I like that idea Dizzy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%