Bad Cake Experience

Decorating By Lizcakes Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 7:37pm by Lizcakes

Lizcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizcakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hello im knew to the forum. I hoping someone can help me. I found a basic cake recipe from the Wilton website. I followed the recipe to a T it came out with a very nice brown apperance but to my disapointment when i cut the cake it had some areas that were not cooked evenly or moist. Can someone help or tell me what went wrong?? or possibly share a recipe with me.. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome...can't get real detailed at the moment, but sounds like your oven temp is too high. Cake browning on outisde before inside has a chance to cook thoroughly. Go to receip section in here, try out the ones that are top rated. Someone else will be along to offer more help. icon_smile.gif

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 5

Did you use the bake-even strips that Wilton sells? I always use them and bake at 325. Takes a little longer, but gets done all the way through (without crusty sides). Also, if you're using a large pan, you can use a heating core or flower nail turned upside down in the middle of the batter to help heat the center.

For a basic white cake, I would try the WASC (White Almond Sour Cream) cake in the Recipes section on here. I don't know how to post a link to it, but if you go to Recipes and do a search, it will come up near the top of the results.

Good luck - and don't give up!

Lizcakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the replies I wont give up and ill try the tips u have recommended.. Thanks again..

Lizcakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies I wont give up and ill try the tips u have recommended.. Thanks again..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%