Requesting Prayers For My Dd...

Lounge By jeking Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 12:36am by KitchenKat

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 30

My daughter was called up for mobilization to Iraq from the Army Reserve and she leaves Ft. Dix today for Ft. Hood. They are scheduled to leave for Iraq around May 10th - 14th.

She is a 21 yo college senior and will have to repeat this semester and complete one more when she returns next year.

I know that many of you have loved ones serving in the Armed Forces and you know of the sacrifices that they make to serve their country. Thanks to all of them... usaribbon.gif

29 replies
grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 30

My thoughts and prayers are with your DD and your family usaribbon.gif
I pray everynight for God to watch over and keep safe all those who are fighting in the wars.

God Bless and be with your DD, your family & those you love & hold dear to your heart,
Sharon

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 30

Saying a prayer for your family and every family that has a loved one overseas protecting us! usaribbon.gif

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 30

I'll keep your daughter and family in my prayers. I pray for her safety.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 30

I absolutely feel for you as you see your dear daughter off. You must be so proud to know that she's making a meaningful difference in the world, but so sad to see her go. I pray for her safety and for your peace of mind during her stay in Iraq. God bless your family.

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 30

My prayers are definately with you and your family. Tell you DD and her Unit thank you and be safe usaribbon.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 30

My heart goes out to you. My husband just left this month. I will definitely put her in my prayers. Do you know what base she is going to?

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 30

My prayers are with you and your entire family.

jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

My heart goes out to you. My husband just left this month. I will definitely put her in my prayers. Do you know what base she is going to?

Thanks all...yes, she is going to Camp Victory in Baghdad. This is probably one of the safest place she could be going and for that we are very grateful!

anellos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anellos Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 30

Thoughts and prayers to your daughter and your family...

Also, a heartfelt thank you from our family to yours

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #11 of 30

Prayers for you daughter!

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #12 of 30

My thoughts and prayers are with you. We attend a Family Get together this Saturday when we say goodbye to our son. He's a Calvary Scout for the Army National Guard. This is his second tour to Iraq, and he will be gone a year. Can everyone put a prayer in for him too?
God Bless all of our soldiers, and thier families! God Bless America!
Brownie

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:58pm
post #13 of 30

ah. That is where my husband is also. He also said the same thing about it being the safest.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:59pm
post #14 of 30

The Lord will put a hedge of protection around her. I know you are scared, any one would be, but she will be in His hands. I will pray for her and would like to adopt her for one of my future rounds of Operation Baking Gals. if you are interested, let me know via PM icon_smile.gif We send boxes of baked goodies to a selected soldier every month... my blog should be in my sig line! God Bless you and your family, and your daughter! God Bless America!!! usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

Even in the dark of night when all the world's at rest, our faithful men & women choose to stand the test. They keep our freedom free and our loved ones safe from harm, all the while leaning on the Everlasting Arm. usaribbon.gif ~L *Stamz*

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:00pm
post #15 of 30

My prayers are with you and your DD. I must say your avatar picture is very beautiful. Just continue to stay positive and truth in God. There is no need to be afraid, as fear is not of God. He does not put more on us that we cannot handle. God Bless you and your family.

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm
post #16 of 30

I do not have a family member in any of the troops, nor do I know anyone. BUT, I am very thankful for the time and dedication they put into our country! It takes a special person to be able to do something of great commitment for all of the rest of us who live here. I would like to thank your daughter and all the rest who are serving. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and all the rest.
THANK YOU TROOPS!!

Kim and Family

ANTNET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANTNET Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #17 of 30

Just put her in the lords hands, he has her back, i also have two children
serving our country one in the Army and one in the Air Force and in Nov my last son will be going in the Navy, i truly love be God love them more and he came protect them better that i can. We have a pray box at church box and I will add her name tonight, where they will pray over it every day at 12:00 noon.

jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:58pm
post #18 of 30

I am so grateful for all of your responses. I placed her in God's hands the day she was born and promised Him to raise her to know Him. I've done my best to keep that promise and I KNOW that He can care for her much better than I can!

I pray everyday that God will put other believers in her path so she can see testimonies of His care.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:09pm
post #19 of 30

My Prayers are with you. I know what it feels like to go through this. I have a son in Fort Riley that has been in 9yrs and has done 2 tours in Iraq. I almost lost him once, and I live in fear. As of November 2008 I now also have a daug. in the ARMY...

She is stationed at FORT HOOD as of 3mos ago. Its hard to keep strong, but have faith, if you never practiced it before, now is the time. If you need an ear...Know that Im here.

Good luck!

StaceySouth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceySouth Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #20 of 30

I will most definitely add your DD and your family to my prayers. Please tell her and her unit THANK YOU and that I PRAISE GOD for them EVERY DAY!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:21pm
post #21 of 30

My prayers and thoughts as well as my family's, will be praying for you and yours - please know that she is safe in HIS arms NO matter where she is!! And a huge Thank you to your family for allowing her to go in our place! We honor her and her troop! usaribbon.gif

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #22 of 30

As a former member of the service, I can empathize with you and your daughter. Please know that we are grateful for the sacrifices that you and your daughter are making and you will be in my prayers everyday.

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #23 of 30

My sister is serving her 2nd time in Iraq right now. She is always in our thoughts and prayers. It isn't easy, but she enjoys serving her country and we are all very proud of her.

I will be thinking of your DD and including her in my thoughts as well. And best wishes for a safe return!

jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 6:09pm
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefairy03

My sister is serving her 2nd time in Iraq right now. She is always in our thoughts and prayers. It isn't easy, but she enjoys serving her country and we are all very proud of her.

I will be thinking of your DD and including her in my thoughts as well. And best wishes for a safe return!

Fairy...I'll do the same for your sister. Know that she will be surrounded with prayer everyday!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 6:41pm
post #25 of 30

My husband came off active duty some years ago. I love military service members and their families.

Quite some time back I read a book written by a Navy Chaplain, Lt. Carey H. Cash, who was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment. The title is, A Table in the Presence. It is based on Ps. 23:5, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.."

The timing for the events would have been approx. 6 years ago when the battles were fierce.
The book cover says, "The dramatic account of how a U.S. Marine Battalion experienced God's presence amidst the chaos of the war in Iraq."
This book chronicles:
The spiritual revival that took place, and how the troops felt and found God, even in the presence of their enemies.
God's protection of the U.S. troops.

Oliver North said it was "a must-read for those who want to understand the war we are in and the warriors who are defending us."

-Debbie B.

jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebBTX

My husband came off active duty some years ago. I love military service members and their families.

Quite some time back I read a book written by a Navy Chaplain, Lt. Carey H. Cash, who was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment. The title is, A Table in the Presence. It is based on Ps. 23:5, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.."

The timing for the events would have been approx. 6 years ago when the battles were fierce.
The book cover says, "The dramatic account of how a U.S. Marine Battalion experienced God's presence amidst the chaos of the war in Iraq."
This book chronicles:
The spiritual revival that took place, and how the troops felt and found God, even in the presence of their enemies.
God's protection of the U.S. troops.

Oliver North said it was "a must-read for those who want to understand the war we are in and the warriors who are defending us."

-Debbie B.

Thank you, Debbie. I just ordered this book off Amazon.

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #27 of 30

jeking, my thoughts and lots of prayers are with you and yours. My husbnd has served 2 tours in Afghnistan and even w/the knowledge that this was the safer of the 2 places to be I ultimately suffered a nervous breakdown and had to seak counceling some time after he had gone .You see, I usually do very well with the help of my 3 girls when he's gone(2 Korea Tours in his 20 yrs. of service and lots of schools, TDY and so on) but this was very different. Stay strong for her and keep your mind and hands busy while shes away. This is a great time for lots of cookie baking, it keeps you busy and makes her very popular with her fellow soldiers! usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

jeking Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #28 of 30

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Yep...we've been through basic training when she had just turned 18 (by a week), then a loooong AT...about 9 months...and several schools already. I'm usually pretty good as long as I can talk to her on the phone.

We've set up Skype on all of our computers with webcams so we can talk and see her too!

I know you are proud of your husband and we thank him for his service. usaribbon.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:08pm
post #29 of 30

Praying for you, your family, and all that serve. God bless you all for the sacrifices you make.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #30 of 30

God bless you and all the families with loved ones who selflessly serve the US. God bless your daughter and all other daughters, sons, husbands, fathers and mothers who put their lives on the line.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%