Brand New Season Of Amazing Wedding Cakes!

Decorating By Jayde Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:59pm by galliesway

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #1 of 24

Season 2 of Amazing Wedding Cakes starts on June 7th at 10pm/9pm central.

I wasnt sure that they were going to come back since Ruth and Laurie broke up....

I LOVE that show! All about the cakes from start to finish!

I wonder what they are going to do since Laurie and Ruth split up from the Cake Atelier? They dont have much info about it on the WE website, just when the new season starts. I wonder if they are going to be following one of the ladies in her new shop? Or if they are going to pick a new bakery for us to sneak into?

Between Amazing Wedding Cakes and Buddy's new show I cant wait!

23 replies
lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #2 of 24

Cool! Thanks for the info.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 24

FANTASTIC news - I was thinking that it wouldn't be back either!! YEA!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #4 of 24

I enjoyed the show. I am glad to hear it is coming back!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 24

Thanks for letting us know. I can't wait! Oh yeah, I'm not surprised they split up. They had such opposite perspectives & directions in the way they wanted to go with cake decorating.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #6 of 24

What channel is it going to be on. I wonder if there is any other cake shows other than this, AOC & Cake boss on TV.

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:49am
post #7 of 24

Does anybody know what night and time Cake Boss airs again?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #8 of 24

man...i don't get WE t.v.!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:26am
post #9 of 24

New season of Bridezillas coming up as well. Apparently I haven't outgrown soap operas after all.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:09pm
post #10 of 24

Is this on food network US or Canada? I hope canadian. icon_biggrin.gif Just a few months back i came across the amazing wedding cakes show, and watched it, loved it. There were only three more episodes that i saw and since then nothing new. I was wondering how long the series was, or how many shows they taped that i missed.
I really enjoyed watching how different places worked. I was shocked how 'messy' cake divas stacked their cakes, and did detail work, but still loved the characters in the shop. I was curious, how could two opposite people would work together in the cake atelier. The one woman was sooo straight laced, and the other looked kinda wild. Then i was completely impressed by the cake shop, I believe it was called cake girls (the two sisters)..how well they worked together and level of professionalism. All of these places very different, yet great in their own ways.
I will be checking my guides for more shows, so thanks for the info.

Suz

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:36pm
post #11 of 24

Not on Food Network. Its on the Oxygen channel here which is like one of the WE channels. The same channel as Bridezillas, thats how I remember it> icon_biggrin.gif

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 24

Cool I can wait, i love the show

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:58pm
post #13 of 24

The show's on WE tv - there's a preview video you can watch. Apparently, Lori has her own shop now called Cake Alchemy. The Cake Girls are back, but they lost their top 2 designers who have started their own shop (Mark and I can't remember the girl's name). It also features a new cake shop I haven't heard of before. No sign of Cake Divas in the promo...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 May 2009 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 24

Looks like they're running a bit of a marathon of old episodes before the new season.
http://www.wetv.com/amazing-wedding-cakes/episodes

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:02pm
post #15 of 24

does anybody have the info for cake boss???

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:09pm
post #16 of 24

yes, what is CAKE BOSS and when is it on?

mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:29pm
post #17 of 24

I found the information for the cake boss show

Premier's April 19 @ 10/9 central on TLC

Here's the link also.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/cake-boss/about-cake-boss.html

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:36pm
post #18 of 24

Heres the sneak peek for the new season. Laurie will be on the show with her own place Cake Alchemy, and it looks like Ruth won't be on the show.

http://www.wetv.com/video/21740886001/amazing-wedding-cakes-season-2-sneak-peek

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:39pm
post #19 of 24

OMG you guys are sooooo lucky with all the cake programmes you get .. we get Ace of Cakes on sky network the food channel but that is it... i want to come over there or have a realllllllyyy realllllly loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg aerial to hook up to your tellys hehehe.... do these shows come out on dvd over there?

i am Jealous... icon_surprised.gif(

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #20 of 24

I didn't see in the TV guide when Cake Boss was coming on again. I really enjoyed the show. Did anyone else notice in the sneak peek for season 2 of Amazing Wedding Cakes that Reva and Mark (I think that is his name) from Cake Divas now have their own bakery? I can't wait for June 7.

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:16am
post #21 of 24

Well, it looks that this season is like: "the rogue decorators"
because, there's 2 decorators from cake divas, laurie from atelier and the decorators from Costa Mesa used to work for "piece of cake bakery"
haha, it looks like so much fun.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:42am
post #22 of 24

oh thanks for posting this! YAY I loved this show. Hadn't heard anything about the Cake Atelier breaking up, but it's not really shocking news, is it? Mark has his own shop now? What? Hmmm.... THAT should be interesting! icon_lol.gif

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:13pm
post #23 of 24

It looks like it's going to be better than season 1! Yeah! I recognize one lady at the Costa Mesa location from Cake Challenges, from the mystery partner ones. She was paired with the woman who she didn't like, right? And they won the 2nd one? Can't wait for these to start! I need to program my DVR today so I don't forget! icon_smile.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #24 of 24

Yea I loved that show! The owner of Merci Beaucoup & Mark are from Cake Divas last season right? I loved the show and look forward to this season! I can't wait for Cake boss too! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%