Fondant Over Chocolate Frosting?

Decorating By daisyjenn Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 6:58pm by patticakesnc

daisyjenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyjenn Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake that I would like to use the Hershey's Perfect Chocolate frosting recipe. Does anyone know if I would be able to put fondant over this frosting? I havent covered a cake in fondant ever and I don't know if this frosting will work. Please any ideas would be great! usaribbon.gif

3 replies
L_Collins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
L_Collins Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 4

thumbs_up.gif
I have made several chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting. Yes, fondant works great over it. Don't be afraid to try it. Just be sure the edges of your cake (near the base) are clean. Also, don't roll out your fondant too thin. Hope this helps! Good luck.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 4

Just did it this weekend. Birthday girl wanted chocolate cake with chocolate BC covered in a light pink fondant. I did not use the Hershey frosting, but I am sure if you keep the fondant thick enough you should be fine. If interested there is a photo of the picture in my photos. It is the pink cake with brown poka dots.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 4

Yes I do it all the time. I have pics in my profile. Almost every cake in fondant has chocolate cake and chocolate icing under them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%