Nutrition Value

Decorating By pinktea Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 1:19am by mirda6275

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any idea how I would get the nutrition exchange on a recipe? (i.e., Calories , fat , carbs, etc)

I have tweaked some recipes and would like to know " the damage" as far a nutrition is concerned.

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 6

There is probably some sort of internet calculator out there that could do it. I'd love to hear about it if someone knows the answer!

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know about online calculators but I know there are a number of inexpensive recipe software programs. I have a version of Mastercook that I picked up at Target a few years ago. I am able to put my ingredients in and the number of servings and it calculates the nutritional value.

I also have a dieting program called Diet Power that allows me to do the same thing. Actually, come to think of it Sparkpeople.com has a feature for members to do the same thing and it will calculate for you. It's a dieting forum and I believe you need to be a member to use the feature but it's free. HTH.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 6

Calorieking.com used to have a recipe calculator. You input all ingredients and the number of servings and it tells calories per serving. I don't know if they still have this or if it's a feature you have to pay for their website to use...but they are out there.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #5 of 6

Awesome! =o) Thanks for starting this post! And thanks for the answers!

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 6

just did a quick google search and came up with

http://www.nutritiondata.com/mynd/myrecipes/welcome?returnto=/mynd/myrecipes

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

both of these appear free (I know sparkpeople is currently free...nice weight loss site icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%