Cow Themed Cake

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm by MissBaritone

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone. I am making my sisters 50th BD cake and she loves cows. I want to make a 3 tiered cake. I have designed the 50 on top with cows intertwined into the 50, but need some ideas for the rest of the cake. Do you think just a simple white with the black cow markings is enough? I was thinking maybe just putting some 3D cows on each tier. Does anyone have templates or directions on making a 3D cow?

10 replies
pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 11

You could make the bottom tier grass and a wooden fence all the way around. (The kind used for livestock). One tier could be cow-spots or little cows placed around it in different positions. Another tier could be cutous of cowbells, hoof prints, grass tufts, feed, etc.

I hope this helps. Can't wait to see it!

RetiredNavyChief Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks pipercakes thats a great idea. I like the idea about the fence and cows in different positions.

RetiredNavyChief Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 11

okay all here is what i sketched up. what do you think?

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 11

It's so cute! I know it doesn't depcit colors, but maybe the tiers would look good in diff colors with the black cow spots. Then the black and white cows will stand out more by contrast.

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:17am
post #6 of 11

That is soooo cute

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:26am
post #7 of 11

Hi your cake looks fab... you asked for some templates for making cows, unfortunately I couldn't think of any i've seen but I do have a couple of pictures of gumpaste cows I've found on the net and saved... thought they might help!
LL
LL

RetiredNavyChief Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 11

thanks for all of your ideas. Know i just have to learn how to make the cows....LOL. icon_redface.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 11

go onto youtube and search for aine2's videos. She doesn't have a cow but I bet some of her animals can be tweaked into cows! There are also some animal instructions in the templates section of the gallery here, you may be able to use those!
I'm a Sherry also and would LOVE to see this one in finished form, your sketch is great!

makyta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makyta Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredNavyChief

okay all here is what i sketched up. what do you think?

I THINK YOUR SKETCH IS PERFECT.......... thumbs_up.gif

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #11 of 11

go to this site. click on the novelty cake section and scroll down to the cow cake

http://celebrationweddingcakes.uk.com/albums/wedding%20%20album/index.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%