1/2 White 1/2 Chocolate

Decorating By goof9j Updated 2 May 2009 , 12:38am by campbelland

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 8

Is there a special pan for 2 different flavor cakes? This is supposed to feed 40, so I was going to do a 1/2 sheet. Is there a partition or something to use to seperate the different batters?

Thanks

Jen

7 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 8

Not sure what you are asking. Normally when people ask for 1/2 and 1/2 on a sheetcake they mean like 1/4 sheetcake in vanilla and a 1/4 sheetcake in chocolate and then you lay them side by side to make a 1/2 sheetcake. This is so the guests can have a choice of flavors.

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 8

I don't use anything. I just mix the batter and pour in one side and then mix the batter and pour in the other side. everyone loves the middle pieces where it is mixed. hth icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 8

I'm the same as renee. You dont' need a barrier. It's not Kool-Aid, it won't all run together. It's batter .... it's like lava ... when the two batters hit each other, they will stop.

I turn a saucer upside down and place one end of the 11x15 or 12x18 pan on it. Then pour one batter in the low end. Remove the saucer and pour the other batter in the other end. Bang the pan and throw it in the oven. Way easier than baking two cakes.

People actually fight over the center where it's 1/2-n-1/2! thumbs_up.gif

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 8

Same as Indydebi except I just use the edge of another cake pan to rest one side on. It doesn't need to be a PERFECT dividing line. Just make sure the two batters bake the same...for instance, I won't bake a 1/2 white and 1/2 carrot cake together.

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:22am
post #6 of 8

I've done this sooo many times. I cut a piece of sturdy cardboard to the width and height of the cakepan. Then cover it in plastic wrap and place it in the middle. If you cut it just slightly wider than the pan, it will fit tight. Pour one side, then the other, and shake to level. Then take out the cardboard and it's a near perfect division.

When I do this, everyone always fights over the middle too.

I've even done this with three flavors...vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Good luck! HTH

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:31am
post #7 of 8

I get a lot of requests for 1/2 and 1/2 chocolate and white. I bake a sheet cake of each flavor, cut them in half, and then I have 2 cakes ready to decorate!! icon_smile.gif

campbelland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campbelland Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:38am
post #8 of 8

Hi, I do this a lot too and I just use a cake board circle. I have one cut in half for each size of cake pans I use and when its time I just use it over and over, but.....I cover it with foil each time to keep the cardboard circle clean. Just cut them in half, you will need different sizes for different size cakes too. Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%