Can I Put Fillings In These Things??

Decorating By heke Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm by cupcakemkr

heke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heke Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone! I am a newbie with my first ever post! I have began the cake world and i love it!!!! I have done several cakes that i am proud of and some that stink up the place. You all have been so helpful to me over the last couple of months and you didn't even know it. I LOVE CC!!! Anyhoo, on to my question....I am making a cc bouquet this weekend for my mom and MIL and was wondering if i can put filling in those?? If i can what filling is the best for these?? A mousse type or something heavier? I am so excited about making these cutsie things!

8 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 9

I use well-whipped buttercream or ganache. Just stick the round tip in the middle of the top and squeeze. You'll see the cake puffing up, I think it's usually a Tablespoon or so. Stop before the cake breaks too much.
Any questions, feel free to ask, we'll do our best to help.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 9

Sure you can fill a cupcake. I bought the little cupcake decorating kit for about $9 (wilton) and it comes with the cupcake filling tip. I like it better than using a star tip, it didn't make my cupcakes bulge out like the star did. But both work.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 9

I fill my cupcakes with buttercream icing. They are best if done at least a day in advance. The texture changes a little after it has set in the cake. My customer's love them!

heke Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 9

Yay!! Thank you guys so much! thumbs_up.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 9

What kind of construction are you going to use for your boquet? pot/foam/skewers? or wil the cc's be sitting in small cups?

If using the skewer method, I don't think that filling the cupcake is a good idea - there would be less cake for the skewer to hold onto and the cc will be more likely break apart.

In the HUGE Let's seriously discuss making cupcakes thread I have read many opinions that said the same.

HTH

heke Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 9

I was going to use the tutorial from minivixen--i believe--where the cups are upside down. I will be using a tera cotta pot though.

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 9

I dont think I would fill them.... I do boquets all the time and would be afraid to fill them because if they become too heavy they will just come off the wrapper.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 9

that should work fine then - the cups will hold those cc's even with filling.

Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%