What Kind Of Paint Brushes Do You Use?

Baking By drdm99 Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 12:10am by drdm99

drdm99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drdm99 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 4

I've heard and seen some people use paint brushes to "paint" on royal icing. Any suggestions on which ones work best without losing any bristles?

3 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 4

i not sure what brand you have available but my suggestion is if it's really cheap with thickish rough bristles it is not very good quality, and if u spend a bit more money on one then it is less likely the bristles will fall out. I have one that i bought which has thinner softer white bristles for about AUS $6 from my decorating store and it has been fine. That's just my observation, sorry thats all i can add to help lol icon_smile.gif

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 4

I think this is the set I bought at Michael's (on sale for about $5) -- they are by the painting items rather than the craft items. It seems like a great deal. I haven't had any issues with shedding bristles -- the only thing to be aware of is not to let the wood handles soak in water any more than necessary or the varnish may peel. When/if that happens, I just lightly sanded them with a fine sanding pad thingy and they are good to go. I wanted a bunch of brushes because I like to decorate with a group of nieces and we needed enough to go around.


drdm99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drdm99 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:10am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the advice. Everyone is so helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%