Explain Yourself...

Lounge By Calejo Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 4:34am by eagerlearner

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 188

Now that I have your attention, I was curious as to what special meaning your names and avatars have. Why did you choose them?

For me, I chose Calejo because it is made from the first 2 letters of my family names (except mine). Carlos, Leala, Josie, and Joshua. The avatar because I think he's funny and you can ask anyone who knows me well enough, I'm bit of a screwball. My hubby calls me animated. I'm not sure how to take that....

187 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 188

lol.. too funny Calejo ... well mine is a joke between me and my daughter.. I got a new computer a few years ago and I gave her my old one... she called me and asked me to download a program and go online to chat with her because she was bored and needed to be entertained... thus the name n-ter-tayne-me .. a different way of spelling "entertain me" as I had a very hard time coming up w/a name that hadn't been taken already .. the avatar was just something I found and liked.. when I get bored, I change it lol

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 188

Calejo...that is a cute avatar and it is definitely silly! Well...my name is traci...and my avatar comes from my cheerleader daughter kasey! I wanted to change my avatar to a volleyball player because she plays volleyball too...However, since I am going to be the cheerleading coach this year...she wants me to wait until football season is over!!!! icon_razz.gif
traci

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 188

I didn't pick "Fytar"! It was chosen for me! A guy that was good friends with me liked me a little more than I knew. Well, his brother thought it would be cute to put my name on his computer screen. I walked in one day and saw "Funky Young Tarina" ping-ponging back and forth across the screen! This was his screensaver!! The joke was that you are supposed to sing it to the tune of "Funky Cold Medina"! My roommate then caught the bug and decided to create a Yahoo account for me and needed more than three letters (FYT), but less than 16 (FunkyYoungTarina), so she mixed it - that is how I became FYTar! No joke!

My avatar I chose because it was laid back and goofy at the same time! That is me!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 188

Well, my name is pretty self-explanatory....JennT=Jennifer Thompson. The avatar - whlie trying to think up names for a cake business, my dad suggested "The Flying Cake" - I went along with it for a while & I found the graphic in one of my programs...couldn't believe I found a flying cake!! lol Even though I'm thinking it might not be the best name for a business, I still love the graphic, so I thought I'd use it here. icon_smile.gif

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 188

I think ly name is one of the most self explanatory ones out there icon_smile.gif It is from my name........wait for it.......Gina Juarez icon_eek.gif I am not very creative, and the only other nick I have ever used involved the now defunct music group N'Sync, so I didn't want to go with that one. My avatar, I love dancing, and I think that the little girl shaking her groove thang is cute. thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 188

Cute topic.....mine is pretty straight forward too! However, Lisa, the Avatar Queen, made it twinkle for me. Since I never seem to find anything with my name spelled my way, I thought I would use that as my avatar!

marilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marilyn Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 188

Mines pretty simple, It's the one I put on my bussiness card. Marilyn

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 188

Well, I'm pretty easy to figure out too. I'm Ginger Dixon and my avatar is because I love dogs and I love cake. I have the cutest bear doing a flip I want to change to but I can't get it to work. I'm a graphic artist so you'd think I could it to work. Honestly, I didn't know how cool this website was going to be when I signed up so I didn't put that much effort into my screen name. A confession I'm not proud of icon_smile.gif

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 188

Mine is pretty simple too, my name is Kristina Fisher and I love making cakes, henceforth, Fishercakes. I am not very creative with names icon_surprised.gif

I love yellow roses and frankly it is the only avatar that I could find that I liked. If anyone has a site they could recommend for avatars with cakes...I would love to hear from you!!

Thanks.

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 188

Well, mine is just the name of my business. I asked my parents for advice on the name, since I am not terribly creative unless I have inspiration and it's a spin off Shakespeare's "As You Like It". I thought it was cute. As far my avatar...well, I don't have one. I think it would be fun to, but I tell you, between chasing a 3 month and 21 month old around all day on top of another home business...I can never seem to remember to look! Besides, I don't have the slightest idea on what I would choose yet...alas. Hmmm...although I do have a pic of my 4th of July cake on one of the Southern Living at Home products I sell...could work. If only one of my kid's fingers or toes were in the picture too.... icon_smile.gif

Edited to add: well, picture uploaded...not bad...guess I'll keep it for now! icon_smile.gif

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:48pm
post #12 of 188

Mine is just short for my name Billie-Jean. My avatar is what I hope to be able to do when I grow up. haha thumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 188

THANK YOU for posting this topic because I finally know how to pronounce Ntertayneme's name! LOL I could not figure that out for the life of me. Duh.

I got mine from Iron Chef...Iron Baker. Some get a laugh from it, some think I work with iron. icon_lol.gif

The avatar is a filler for the moment. I can't find anything I like and is fitting. The ones I did like, wouldn't fit in the space allowed. So I saw this rose and used it for the time being.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:53pm
post #14 of 188

My very good friend loves to come up with strange nicknames for everyone. icon_rolleyes.gif Mine-dandelion-didn't really stick, but we came up with this whole spiritual thing about dandelions and their seeds going "into beyond" (that's where my avatar comes from--I photoshoped it myself!) Now i use dandelion as my screen name for almost everything.

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:55pm
post #15 of 188

I chose mine because i am not creative when it comes to picking 'names'. Also because I am very proud to be a mom and even more proud that i have two beautiful little girls.

I don't have an avatar because I don't know how to get one and I want something special.

Biscat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biscat Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:57pm
post #16 of 188

This IS a great thread!

I'm new (relatively new, I guess) to Cake Central and it's great to get to know a little about everyone... And Cheryl, I always wondered about your screen name too - now I know! lol...

The only other forum I belong to is BabyCentre. When I signed up there (five months pregnant for my July, 2004 baby) I used *Biscat*. My cat's name is actually BisCUIT but someone called her BisCAT and it stuck. I used it here as it is not generally taken (lol) and so that anyone who knows me from BBC will know me here... icon_smile.gif

My avatar is my little girl. I started making cakes once I realized how bad I was at decorating her first birthday cake. That was a month ago - I've come a long way but have a long way to go!

Sorry to make this a book. Great to see the screen names and thought behind them!

- Tami -

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:58pm
post #17 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

THANK YOU for posting this topic because I finally know how to pronounce Ntertayneme's name! LOL I could not figure that out for the life of me. Duh.

Too funny...I couldn't figure it out for the longest time! In my mind I just saw netanyahu...as in Benjamin Netanyahu!

Sorry Cheryl! It's a cute name...I'm just a little dense sometimes!!

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:59pm
post #18 of 188

My name is Barbara Bath and I'm from UK (although living in Los Angeles), so I'm BritBB. My avatar - I love cats. icon_biggrin.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:03pm
post #19 of 188

My Nanny has called me dodibug since I was little so there you go! And I love gerber daisies. I have grown them in the past but sadly we had a flower funeral not long ago so I guess I have to start over!!

BTW JennT-one of my favorites restaurant here in New Orleans called Juan's Flying Burrito and it is very successful! I highly recommend it if anyone comes to town!!

ps-I am not a paid spokeswoman for Juan's Flying Burrito but as often as I have eaten there I should own stock! icon_lol.gif

brinarae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brinarae Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:07pm
post #20 of 188

Hi All, my screen name is a nickname I have had since I was very young. It's a combo of my first name, Sabrina and my middle name, Larae. (pronounced La-Ray) I choose my Avatar (if it will show up) because I grew up in a small town in Oregon that produces the best cherries in the world! I miss seing hundreds of acres of cherry trees in bloom every year icon_cry.gif I am sure I will change it again soon.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:15pm
post #21 of 188

Well i have found everyones names interesting. mine is my name and my DH name backwards. carla n anthony or ant for short. i chose my avatar because i am a baker like the pillsbury dough boy and cause he is cute. now my boy is not on here but lisa found me one i love

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:18pm
post #22 of 188

My user name was our first email address when we became a family...I use it for everything so I never forget what it is. J for John (my husband), J for John Marshall (our son) and A for Ashley (me). Scog is the first half of our last name - Scoggins. I guess I should have added a C in there when our daughter Caitlin was born. Oh well, I'd probably forget it if I started changing it.

Okay, I just picked an avatar...it looks like a smoke bomb. My husband is always telling me I have a short fuse because of my red hair but to him it's all smoke. He can make me laugh in a second flat.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:24pm
post #23 of 188

wow, great thread....and also i can stop trying to say in my mind netertanme!!!!! couldnt figure that one out either.
my name is melodyscakes, not original i know, i wanted cakebakinmamma, but couldnt get it to register with my email or some technical prob. so when i put in melodyscakes it finally worked and let me log on....so i was stuck with the less creative name. lisa helped me find my aviator. a musical note coming out of a cake. not as creative as most of yours, but it works.
melody

p.s. i feel like i know some of you better now, this really is a great thead!

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:27pm
post #24 of 188

I picked my id because i am always being told i am "unforgetable" ... my yahoo id is another variation unforgetable_ize....and yes my hubby even made me a page with that song in the background. my avatar is a butterfly only because its the only i had that would work icon_wink.gif

TinTN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinTN Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:29pm
post #25 of 188

TinTN = T for my 1st name Tristie and I live in TN. Pretty boring huh? This is a cool thread.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:41pm
post #26 of 188

Well, mine is only the thrid name I've used as a handle in all of my years .... When I started on BBS' I started out as Duckie.... because I loved this group called The Killer Duck Band, then after I got married and had kids I became MamaDuckie, for obvious reasons, and now I'm just plain old Debsuewoo.... the first three letters of my first, middle, and last names. Quite catchy too, I think.

Debbi

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:41pm
post #27 of 188

Well, my name pretty much says it all MariaLovesCakes and I sure do! Well, to make them more than to eat them. icon_lol.gif

I chose the Avatar because its cute! I wanted to choose another but it wasn't available.

I am more of a space or star gazer. I like to look up comets, asteroids, and star constellations.... icon_wink.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:43pm
post #28 of 188

Mine Mchelle-short for Michelle, that's all I had left after the disappointment of the one I wanted being taken icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . When I registered the one that I wanted was taken, Brownies. A friend of mine calls me Brownies, because my maiden name is Brown, but he says that I'm brown and sweet-brownies. TOO FUNNY! I love it!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:43pm
post #29 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

My Nanny has called me dodibug since I was little so there you go! And I love gerber daisies. I have grown them in the past but sadly we had a flower funeral not long ago so I guess I have to start over!!

Just out of curiosity, do you send flowers to a flower funeral? icon_lol.gif

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 5:54pm
post #30 of 188

Hello. My name is Brandi.
Luv2cake is what I love to do whenever I get a chance! I know I am not alone when I tell you that I jump at any chance to do a cake for any reason. I was a special education teacher before becoming a Mommy and now I stay home with my 13 month old son. I am having the time of my life with him and now that Ihave learned to decorate cakes, I am loving life even more.

I also get a chance to make a little "play money" for vacations and other fun stuff. I luv2 cake!
My avatar is just a cute animated picture I found. I also heard a saying...."frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them."

So fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%