My Disaster...not Once But Twice For The Same Birthday!!!

Decorating By suzannette Updated 2 May 2009 , 6:32pm by GI

suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 11

my niece wanted a Dora the Explorer cake for her 3rd Birthday, so I am using the wilton shaped pan and get it baked and iced and have it sitting on the counter where nothing can happen to it...or at least i thought. i wake up the next morning to box the cake up and walk into the kitchen and my dog has decided that he wants to eat cake...all of dora's feet icon_sad.gif so my dear boyfriend goes to the store and gets me another mix...in a brand i dont normally use but we live in the country where there isnt much of a choice and bakes me a new cake b/c i am so frustrated...so just in time for me to leave to go to the bday party i get dora all finished...for the second time. go to the party and everything is going good...we had set the cake up on the table with everything else. the kids are all playing in the yard and i happen to turn around and there is a dog up on the table eating Dora's feet AGAIN!!! i have vowed to never ever make this cake again!!!

10 replies
christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 11

I feel your pain! I cringe when I leave cakes at places that have a large dog that can reach the table or counter! I fully expect to get a phone call that their dog has eaten the cake that took me hours to decorate! After the first time, I wasn't shy about voicing my concerns about Fido and letting the owner know that cake+dog=disaster!! I love pets as much as the next person but for pity's sake, put the cake out of the pet's reach!! You learned this the hard way! I bet Dora ends up on Ebay after this!!

Edited to add: Welcome to Cake Central and no personal criticism was directed at you. icon_redface.gif

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #3 of 11

oh noooooooooooooooooooes
its the curse of the Dora cake! icon_cry.gif

Im so sorry, suzannette, Id be in tears =(

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #4 of 11

OMG!Hopefully the bday girl at least got to see it, and it will be a funny story for her to tell her friends thats 2 dora cakes got eaten by 2 different dogs.
I've had my share of dog mishaps, so I can feel your pain.

suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 11

the cake is definitly one that i will not be making again...unless i really just have to...it has been put in a place so none of the kids can see that i have it icon_smile.gif

the bad part about the second one is that the dog wasnt really anyones dog but apparently had been around and i didnt know about it until i turned around and he was eating the cake...apparently the dogs really like it!!!

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 11

hey, been there, done that! my dog ate a chunk of the brownie cake that my daughter made and decorated for me!

Michelley1213 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelley1213 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:45am
post #7 of 11

Ugh...yep this actually JUST happened tonight to me! I was on here looking for sympathy lol My big puppy got a big chunk of my cooling half sheet white chocolate cake! Had to go back to the store and buy more ingredients...you know how much batter those cakes take icon_sad.gif Definitly learned my lesson too....

dxerebl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dxerebl Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:01am
post #8 of 11

Feel your pain girl,...feel your pain.

I too will join in on the "d@mn that rotten dog for ruining all my hard work" club.... my much beloved - almost 14 yrs old baby - has taken a liken to my cakes cooling on their racks on the kitchen counter....

Not once......not twice.......but THREE different cakes, .... while they're cooling in the kitchen, I'm in the dining room working on fondant or gumpaste or whatever,.....come back in the kitchen and there's a little "nibble" out of the side!! icon_eek.gif Lucky for DH he was asleep each time it happened or I would have blamed him!!!

Sorry for your luck though icon_sad.gif May Dora rest in peace..... and thanks for the laugh icon_biggrin.gif [/img]

erin_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin_e Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 11

I have a terrier mix that I personally feel is part monkey. I had JUST (literally 5 minutes earlier) finished decorating an Elmo cake for a gift to my boss' son for his 2nd b-day. This is the first cake I've done for ppl other than my family (I decided to do Wilton classes for fun and don't do cakes for a living). I walked into the kitchen to grab another cake board and realized "Oh crap where's the dog!!!!" I RAN back into the room where the cake is and Elmo is missing a a cheek and a good part of his mouth! Oh, I screamed (poor dog ran like her tail was on fire,) then proceeded to bake another one (at midnight.) I was up bright and early to decorate the second cake. Funny enough I think the second one turned out better than the 1st. At least you're in good company!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #10 of 11

After watching, Marley & Me, I now think it's funny and laugh at stuff like that. But before that I probably would've choked him. lol

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:32pm
post #11 of 11

Oh, how awful for you!!! I guess the dogs need to stay in their kennel during birthday season! icon_lol.gif

ImageImage

edited to add: the finger wave is for the Pup, not the OP!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%