Okay, I Feel Like A Doofus!!!!

Decorating By aggiechef Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm by cylstrial

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 11

I was getting bummed because I hadn't gotten any comments on some of my recent cake, and it turns out that I had the comment thing turned off on my profile so no one could leave comments. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I have now activated it so that people can leave feedback on my cakes. I like constructive criticism because I'm by no means a pro cake decorator.

Okay, that's my vent for today. Thanks for listening. icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 11

lol don't feel bad... I've been a member her for a while and only found out a week or so ago that comments needed to be turned on... I just assumed nobody liked my stuff icon_smile.gif lol

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 11

Both of you have wonderful cakes.
Nice to know about the comment part.
PinkZiab- I love your calla lillies

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:31am
post #4 of 11

i don't mind taking a look at your work! icon_wink.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 11

if you really want constructive criticism, go to the gallery supporters board, and join in the critique subgroup members thread, then you will get more help.
ive just noticed that a plea for constuctive criticism doesnt always work, too many people have left an honest response and been given grief for it.
xx

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 9:33am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brincess_b

if you really want constructive criticism, go to the gallery supporters board, and join in the critique subgroup members thread, then you will get more help.
ive just noticed that a plea for constuctive criticism doesnt always work, too many people have left an honest response and been given grief for it.
xx

I've seen the same thing. A member will ask for "honest opinions and suggestions." But sometimes when the "honest" opinion or suggestion IS made the originator gets bent out of shape and others come out dishing out ridicule for "critisizm." Even if the suggestion is kind and polite, there are so many personalities in this community that there will always be at least 1 who will get offended or take it the wrong way. Whether or not there was any malice intended.

Sandy

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:18am
post #7 of 11

When I first joined I added lots of cakes and thought that I just wasn't a good decorator! Then somebody PM'ed me and told me to turn on the comments option! lol! icon_smile.gif

I don't get bent out of shape about criticism, but I don't always take advice either! I have never had an unhappy customer and THAT is the important thing!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:28pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brincess_b

xx

I think most people here including myself didn't know what a CSM was. The first time I noticed negative comments on a cake my first reaction was WOW icon_eek.gif that's pretty blunt and unnecessary.

Then I did some research and found out that there was such a group and that you had to join to ask for the critique. Whew........I just thought there were some *meanies* out there and hoped they wouldn't see my cakes!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 11

I did the same thing when I 1st. join CC icon_lol.gif I had posted a picture of the very 1st. thing I ever made from fondant, a My Little Pony Balloon (like the toy one). I told my daughter, I must have done a bad job, because no one has said anything about it.

Yeap, found out I didn't have the comments turned on icon_redface.gif I felt like such a fool, but that was better then feeling like my fondant work wasn't any good. Don't feel to bad and your not a doofus, it has happen to alot of us icon_smile.gif

I do have to agree with some of the other posters about the "constuctive criticism", I have also so seen that happen. I feel like, if you don't want to hear the truth, then don't ask. O.K. now all that is on my mind is the line from Jack Nicholson in the movie "A Few Good Men"...("You want the truth!, you can't handle the truth!") icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 11

Fortunately, I'm one of those people that can handle things pretty well. I'm kind of a laid back person so I don't get bent out of shape very easily. In fact, if you can get me bent out of shape, then kudos to you.

Thanks brincess_b for the advice about the critique subgroup. I'll defintely check it out.

BTW - I just posted pictures of my first paid wedding cake and groom's cake.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiechef

BTW - I just posted pictures of my first paid wedding cake and groom's cake.

The wedding cake is beautiful! You did a great job on it!! Congrats! And the grooms cake looks delicious with all those chocolate covered strawberries!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%