How To Make Gelatin Wings For Butterflies?

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm by pinkpiggie78

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a link or a step by step way to tell me how to make these???? I would like to make them for a dear friends baby shower next month...Thanks for any help or tips you can shareicon_smile.gif

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:21am
post #2 of 5

im sorry i dont know of a link, but i did just see alan dunn do them icon_smile.gif and im planning to do them too!
your geletine needs to be to to warm, not too cold, or else it will pop too easily. he shaped his wire into the wing, and dipped it in, then left it to set. looked easy, lol.
you can add lustre dust to the geletine, but only a tiny bit, ass too much makes it more likely to pop.
xx

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 5

thanks...do you knw what the geletin mixture is...how much water to how much knox stuff...and when do you put in the colors???

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 5

differnt geletines have differnt instructions, just follow the instructions on the packet. you add the colour after its mied together properly. it wont show up as a proper colour though, just a slight sheen.
i dont know if u could add a bit of the gel colours, or if that would do something funny to it?
xx

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

You can get impression mats here... I took their class and have some pics on cc.

http://www.cakeconnection.com/storeindex.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%