What Filling To Use

Decorating By paula1234 Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 3:47am by paula1234

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 8

I am thinking of trying the wasc recipe. what would be a good filling to use with this cake. Does it taste like a white cake only better? any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

7 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 8

I personally love raspberry or raspebrry cream cheese filling in this cake. But that's just me. I bet you'll hear of some real good fillings in a minute.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 8

My favorite is this one, it's White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse:

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/Raspberry%20White%20Chocolate%20Mousse%20Filling.htm

I also really like it with a strawberry puree filling. Raspberry would be good too, but I haven't made that one with it yet...

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 8

I haven't tried the White one yet. But for a White cake anything would go. For a summer/spring taste; I also think rasberry mousse, maybe a lemon filling.

I recently made a lemon WASC cake w/ rasberry mousse filling and everyone loved it. And I just made a Chocolate WASC and everyone loved it.

WASC is a very nice dense, moist and tasty cake. HTH

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 8

My 1st WASC I did was with raspberry cheese cake from MacsMom.It was so good.I did it for my son's 2nd b-day(pic is in my photo with Spongebob,it was a 3 layer cake) it was a big cake & everyone asked to take some home.My mom asked for me to make it again for her b-day this weekend.

Caralinc Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't tried the White one yet. But for a White cake anything would go. For a summer/spring taste; I also think rasberry mousse, maybe a lemon filling.

I recently made a lemon WASC cake w/ rasberry mousse filling and everyone loved it. And I just made a Chocolate WASC and everyone loved it.

Caralinc Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 8

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:47am
post #8 of 8

I just want to say thank you to everyone on their advice. I made the wasc last night. My Dad's bd was today. Instead of almond I used all vanilla. I can not believe how moist this cake was. I decided to tort it. I used a strawberry cream filling that I swiped from the recipe box here. Right off hand I can't remember whose recipe it was but it turned out great. I used frozen strawberries and thawed them, strained the juice and used the juice to use on the cake and let it soak in for a while. Then I used the cream filling between the layers. It tasted like a strawberry shortcake cake. We had my Dad's bd dinner at our local Cracker Barrel and everyone there had a fit over it. I covered it in regular bc. I made his 1971 ford truck out of rkt and covered in fondant and made my Dad, one of my sons and 2 of our 4 dogs out of fondant and gumpaste. I am trying so hard to get my pictures uploaded. My 19 year old was going to do this for me tonight, but after the dinner we had to take him to the emergency room. We think he has slight break in his lower lumber region. Don't know how it happened. So he is in a back brace right now. He breaks a lot of bones. He has osteogenesis imperfecta. My brother also had it. Anyway, my Dad has dementia, but today he turned 73 and seemed clear as a bell. He said he had a great birthday. I baked a 12 inch round which was way more than 6 people could eat so we shared with our waitress and the whole Cracker Barrel staff. I also got 6 cake orders while we were there. Yeah!!!!!! Again, thanks everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%