What Are Your Thoughts!?!? *cupcake Bouquet & Weighting

Decorating By mrsbriggs06 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 10:30am by clovely

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 3

I just had the idea to tie a ribbon around the cupcake bouquet pot (terra cotta) and adding a packet of seeds underneath / with a hole punch onto it. (if that makes sense)

I then thought-- well, if i'm giving them flowers, shouldn't there be soil?

Is it gross beyond belief to use potting soil (plain, no fertilizers or anything) underneath the styrofoam ball that you poke the cuppies into???

I might just be getting carried away here, but I was thinking it would add some weight & make the pot/seeds ready to use when the cuppies are gone.

How many times have you gotten a present that was missing one component & you procrastinated until it was worthless? ("Oh, I'll go get some soil tomorrow....." & then you lose the seeds.. )

Could I put the soil in a ziploc style baggie??? that would work, right??

2 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 3

I completely understand your thoughts here...BUT, I simply don't believe in mixing non-food safe items like this. Way too many things to think of that could go wrong. I think the seeds is a cute and useful idea. I also know that if you are going to plant them then it would not be an issue to go and pick up a 1.99 bag of soil (if I received this wonderful gift from someone). For example, I collect tea pots. Once I received a teapot that had a beautiful plant in it (soil and all)...once the plant was out of season and died, I PURCHASED tea to use in the pot. But the original gift did NOT come with tea. I wanted to use the pot because it was beautiful so I GOT MY OWN TEA so I could enjoy the pot! I hope you get what I am saying here....Great idea about the seeds though.... thumbs_up.gif

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:30am
post #3 of 3

I say no soil. I agree, she can get her own dirt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%