Too Much Air In My Bc

Decorating By Skyebaby Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm by Skyebaby

Skyebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skyebaby Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 3

This is my 4th batch of icing and it's still airy. Yes, I use a hand mixer (but will be using one for a looong time so I need to compensate for that disadvantage.........plus our WMI used one in class in front of us and her BC came out as smooth as Playdoh) and I mixed on as low as I could today and stopped after like 2mins. The icing was still crumbly because it hadn't been mixed enough (I assumed) so I had to go a little longer...maybe another minute? And it is still SO airy!! I tried to get the air out with the spatula as best I could but it's just still airy.

Any ideas? I'm using the Wilton Class BM and I like how it tastes. I also like the recipe as I don't have to measure shortening or PS. Can I cut down on MP or somthing so that it mixes faster? I don't know........

Tips, help, and suggestions welcome!!! I'm a perfectionist and I want my icing to be Playdoh Smooth icon_smile.gif I'm willing to finish it by hand but even that's not getting it smooth.

2 replies
ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 3

I had trouble with that also, I tried several different things, mixing longer, mixing less, stirring with a spoon after mixing it, anyway, I figured out that, for me, it was to dry and I added a little water. I would follow the exact recipe, but I guess that each household is different icon_lol.gif! Be careful when you add the water, do it by teaspoonfuls at a time. Let us know if this works for you!! Good Luck!

Skyebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skyebaby Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycake17

I had trouble with that also, I tried several different things, mixing longer, mixing less, stirring with a spoon after mixing it, anyway, I figured out that, for me, it was to dry and I added a little water. I would follow the exact recipe, but I guess that each household is different icon_lol.gif! Be careful when you add the water, do it by teaspoonfuls at a time. Let us know if this works for you!! Good Luck!

So you found that not enough water = airy BC? I don't know that that is what's going on with me because even my thin consistency stuff is airy icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%