Family Reunion---June Birthdays Cake.

Decorating By cadgurl07 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm by cadgurl07

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make a cake for all of the June birthdays, which is about5-6 people, mostly guys. I have to make a 2 tiered cake for them. I'm going blank on what to do. I don't like fondant of anykind of will do some decor with it if I have to. I great with buttercream. Love to do roses and and flowers but that didn't seem appropriate for this...no? maybe I'm wrong. What kinds of thing would you do for this kind of cake? Any ideas appreciated.Thanks!

2 replies
pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 3

Is the reunion somewhere special that could be incorporated into the cake? For example if it's at a park - you could use the grass and leaf tips to make the bottom tier what happens on the ground and the next tier up what happens in the sky. Each birthday boy or girl coudl have a picnic sign or something with their name on it.

This is a great birthday-specific cake, and the design can be adapted for buttercream instead of fonant:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=646573

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the ideas...I have a month and a 1/2 to figure something out but your idea with the park sounds fun and yes it's at a local park. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%