3D Bulldog Cake....construction Help Please!?!?

Decorating By acookieobsession Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm by acookieobsession

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 4

I will be making a 3D Bulldog for a wedding soon. I was wondering if anyone had construction suggestions.

My ideas are to make the head from styrofoam and make the wrinkles from candy clay, then add the fondant over that...
Any tips on carving the strofoam ball?

Then the body will be cake covered in fondant...he will be sitting up so I thinkt eh legs will be candy clay with a center wooden rod and then covered in fondant.....

I watched the elissa straus video on youtube..very helpful. I just thought you guys might have more information....]

Thanks Julia

3 replies
caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 4

Have you seen the bulldogs that are on krazykakebaker.com? His cakes were my introduction into 3D cakes...I'd never even seen a 3D cake before I saw his website this past november. Now I'm hooked. Good luck and make sure you post your cake! I'd love to see it!

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 4

I saw this cake on flickr by pbjoachim. It may help you with your cake. I have to do a wolf next month and was thinking of using this concept. Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/17658856@N03/1841511180/
Good luck and can't wait to see pics. Jaime

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Jaime...that dog (and the rest of her pics) are great.

Do you think a pole down the center of the stand up dog would hold the styrofoam? I am goinf to do the body form rounds then carve down.... I like how she did the legs sticking out in the back...since the dog I am doing is UGA dog from Univ Ga....no pressure there! I bet there are no alumis there since both bride and groom graduated from there....UGH!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%