Fondant

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 1:59am by xstitcher

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #1 of 7

Can you buy black fondant?? Are do you just color it..

6 replies
AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 7

Yes, Satin Ice comes in black and many other colors. Globalsugarart.com or fondantsource.com are two places to look.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #3 of 7

fondant source is a great place to get supplies. If you enter "cakecentral" in the coupon code area you will get 10% off as well.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:31am
post #4 of 7

I don't know if you use the marshmallow fondant or not - but this recipe works really well for black - it's chocolate MMF - then add some black food color. It tastes really good if chocolate goes with the cake flavor.

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6971-6-True-Black-MMF.html

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 11:38am
post #5 of 7

THANKS GUYS!!

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 7

xstitcher, I tried to tell her that, but I see I was blocked. icon_mad.gif I'm beginning to see a pattern here with the advertising and blocking. Hmmmm

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfordRN

xstitcher, I tried to tell her that, but I see I was blocked. icon_mad.gif I'm beginning to see a pattern here with the advertising and blocking. Hmmmm

Yeah I noticed that about their site too when I posted before. I just write their name now instead of their website address. In my dealings with them thus far I have experience good customer service and prices and it doesn't hurt getting the discount either! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%