Transportation Question....

Decorating By cakedoll Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 12:12am by cakedoll

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 4

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. lol. I have a cake due for a friend on Saturday. 3 tiers: 12 in square, 8 inch round, 6 inch square. I wasn't going to put a central support system as I was going to deliver it for her and I've never had a problem with a 3 tiered cake.

Now she wants to pick it up herself on Friday. Do I trust her not to take the corners on 2 wheels or should I play it safe and put a center dowel in it. Like I said, I've never had a problem with one this size, but this isn't me driving either.

TIA!

3 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

CENTER DOWEL!! People who don't do cakes don't understand exactly what you mean by "drive carefully." It will take like five minutes to put the dowel in, then you'll know you have done everything you can. Can you take it to her on Friday? Lol I'm so paranoid about people driving my "babies" icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah a center dowel. The first time I forgot to do it and tried to transport a simple 2 tier 6 & 8" it fellover while I was carefully driving. So I would definetly use a center dowel and if she's going to put it in the back make sure you use those non skid mats so it doesn't slide over and fall, unless she's carrying it. I love those things they're life savers!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your quick replies. I knew it was a dumb question.. icon_lol.gif . I might see if I can deliver it on Friday instead of her picking it up. I use my DD's explorer, cake in a box, and non skid pads.

We also have a LOT of potholes in this town so the hazards are on and there's a small poster I can put in the back window that says "cake on board." I don't even do these things for sale and I'm OCD about it.

I can just see her picking this cake up and thinking it's either superglued or cemented together. Well, I guess I'm off to get a center dowel!

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%