Spoiler Alert(Maybe): Last Cake Standing

Lounge By aundron Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm by artscallion

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 17

If you don't want to know who wins, don't read this (or maybe who wins)

I was just listening to The View and today is Sherrie Shepard's birthday. Well, Bronwen, Mary, and Courtney were on there revealing the cakes they made for her and Sherrie had to choose who the winner was; and she chose Courtney!!

They then said; the winner of the cake would be crowned on Sunday.

I'm not sure if these are the cakes they will be making on Sunday, but it sure seemed like it.

I didn't know what cake they were doing on Sunday; so if you guys have heard anything else, let me know!!

16 replies
pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 17

I thought the cake for Sunday is for sextuplets. I may be wrong I'm not at home to read the info on the cable guide.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 17

I don't think those were the cakes that they were making for the competition, though. They wouldn't reveal it early like that. Today was Sherry's birthday, so they were doing all kinds of things for her, so those cakes were just tie-ins to the promo for the show, if I'm not mistaken.

aundron Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 17

Whewwwww!! Thank you guys for correcting me and allowing me my "goober" moment!! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 17

Isn't the sextuplets challenge just a regular cake challenge episode, not part of this "Last Cake Standing" series? I swear I remember seeing that before...or maybe it was triplets. In any case, at the end of last weeks episode, the preview showed the reveal of who they were making the cake for as the silhouette of one girl, rather provocatively posed, if I remember correctly.

ETA: the silhouette was definitely not Sherrie Shepard. I said that as delicately as I could.

aundron Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Isn't the sextuplets challenge just a regular cake challenge episode, not part of this "Last Cake Standing" series? I swear I remember seeing that before...or maybe it was triplets. In any case, at the end of last weeks episode, the preview showed the reveal of who they were making the cake for as the silhouette of one girl, rather provocatively posed, if I remember correctly.

ETA: the silhouette was definitely not Sherrie Shepard. I said that as delicately as I could.

Artscallion; you are right!! They did show that on Sunday!! So, maybe I am right, but, I can't believe they would reveal it before Sunday!!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 17

I missed the first two shows! But I was a little shocked at show 3 at the end the cake-off: I was sort of shocked at what the cakes looked like! I know they must have been soooo exhausted but I was surprised anyway.

artscallion Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 17

I know! Bronwen's looked like a failed Wilton class project. And James'...well, you saw it.

It surprised me because I've seen Bronwen do one of these 30 minute challenges with a cake, a bucket of pink icing and one tip before at one of Kerry Vincent's Oklahoma cake shows. And she did a really great job there and won.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:

I know! Bronwen's looked like a failed Wilton class project. And James'...well, you saw it.

It surprised me because I've seen Bronwen do one of these 30 minute challenges with a cake, a bucket of pink icing and one tip before at one of Kerry Vincent's Oklahoma cake shows. And she did a really great job there and won.

I believe that she had an hour for the " 1 Tip Challenge" at the OSSAS.

Given what James produced in 30 mins., I think Bronwen's cake looked pretty damn good. Heck, I can't even stack & crumb coat a cake well in 30 mins. icon_redface.gif

I like James a lot, but he clearly doesn't work with buttercream AT ALL.

Rae

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #10 of 17

I have not watched the show yet...but did see the cakes on my way out to work. My friend said she picked Courtney's cake.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 10:00pm
post #11 of 17

I think the last episode is a 'mystery client', it showed the sillouette last week and it was one person... but that was all I got.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 17

I'm looking at the guide on my TV now and it says

"Last Cake Standing, Sweet 16 Sextuplets" (2009) Conclusion, the three finalists make 5 foot tall b-day cakes for a set of sextuplets who are turning 16. Then the winner of the $50k grand prize is announced."

So it's not the view girls cake........sorry.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #13 of 17

I couldn't have done better spending hours on it, I don't have that kind of talent, but after those amazing cakes, seeing his buttercream was a shocker. icon_smile.gif

aundron Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:18pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I'm looking at the guide on my TV now and it says

"Last Cake Standing, Sweet 16 Sextuplets" (2009) Conclusion, the three finalists make 5 foot tall b-day cakes for a set of sextuplets who are turning 16. Then the winner of the $50k grand prize is announced."

So it's not the view girls cake........sorry.

Okay, well, I guess the silhouette they keep showing is the mother of the kids!!

ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #15 of 17

Or they could all be standing behind the first girl...

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Quote:

I believe that she had an hour for the " 1 Tip Challenge" at the OSSAS.

Given what James produced in 30 mins., I think Bronwen's cake looked pretty damn good. Heck, I can't even stack & crumb coat a cake well in 30 mins. icon_redface.gif

I like James a lot, but he clearly doesn't work with buttercream AT ALL.

Rae

I agree Bronwen's cake look like a standard bakery style case cake. It definitely was better than Jame's cake but to say that she did a bad job is not true cause she didn't and we have to take in consideration she just got through a vigorous challenge that she was unsure of in the first place (especially after the scare she and James went through when they thought they placed the superhero on backwards.

So great job Bronwen

artscallion Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm
post #17 of 17

lol...didn't mean to call out the Bronwen fans. It's great how you all come to her defense. She must be doing something right to inspire such loyalty.

I didn't mean to imply that her cake was bad in a sloppy, unfinished or poorly executed way. I was just shocked that she chose to go with that Wilton class project style design. I always see an element of creativity in her work that sets her apart and got her where she is today. I appreciate and respect her work. And the 60 minute cake I'd seen her do was terrifically creative! So the last thing I expected to see her do, even in 30 minutes, was a Wilton class project style cake. Just an offhand remark. I'm not a Bronwen hater. But...
Go Mary!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%