Glue In Cake Pans

Decorating By GrandmaG Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 5:42pm by shannon100

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 11

How do I remove the stuck on glue in the bottom of the Wilton cake pans?

10 replies
meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 11

I use Goo Gone...you can get it at Walmart, K-Mart, etc.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 11

Try Spray Pam. icon_smile.gif

Goo Gone is a petroleum based product that is quite toxic. Although I'm sure it would wash off with soap and water, I personally would not use it on anything that food would touch. That's just me, though. It does work amazingly well for getting grease and oil out of clothing!!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 11

I have a bottle of goo gone and it says right on the back it is NON- TOXIC. From the smell, I would think it's orange oil. But there is a chemicle formula as the ingredient. It does work great for that sticker glue, but of course wash the pan after. My wilton pans you can still see where the glue was, kinda weird.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 11

if i remember right wilton suggests using oil, or crisco to remove the sticky residue, so pam spray will work too.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 11

If you have a pampered chef scraper try using that

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

I have a bottle of goo gone and it says right on the back it is NON- TOXIC. From the smell, I would think it's orange oil. But there is a chemicle formula as the ingredient. It does work great for that sticker glue, but of course wash the pan after. My wilton pans you can still see where the glue was, kinda weird.

My bottle of Goo Gone says "Contains petroleum distillates. Harmful or fatal if swallowed." That's why I don't use it on food items when spray Pam works well for my needs. Like I said, that's just me, though. icon_smile.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 11

Acetone nail polish remover also works and washes away just fine. I also have an Adhesive Remover Pen by Scotch that I bought in AC Moore and it works great. Good Luck!

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 11

Oil.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:53pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone!

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 11

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I was scrubbing and scrubbing my new pans today, and I couldn't get that residue off. I searched it on the forums and found this thread. The oil worked so easily!!! I couldn't believe how fast the residue came off!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%