Need Someone To Make Edible Images For Me!

Decorating By ChunkyMonkey Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm by dmhart

ChunkyMonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkyMonkey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 12

My mother has decided to retire from Law Enforcement after 28 years! So happy for her!

Her department is throwing her a reitrement party at the end of May and since the funds are all from the employees I decided to make the cake so that saves some $$$ for the group.

Of course since it is my mom no ordinary cake will do. icon_biggrin.gif

I would like to have 4-5 small 3.5 x 5 edible images made from photos of her when she started and now as well as her old patrol car, friends, etc. I don't have the equipment to do it myself and none of the local bakeries will do them any more unless you put it on their cake. (YUCK!)

Someone helped me from here about 2-3 years ago with a Gamecock image for my dh's 30th bday. It was PERFECT! I am hoping someone can again.

Please let me know if you can help and about how much it will cost.

THANKS!!! thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 12

I can't help you w/ the image, but have you tried Wal-Mart? Or another grocery store bakery?

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 12

I bought one at our local grocery store for $8.00
HTH

ChunkyMonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkyMonkey Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 12

I did with no luck! They want me to put them on their cake. I want to put them on gumpaste to prop on the cake.

I can call some of the other smaller grocery chains who have bakeries though.

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 12

At my local wal mart bakery, they will print them for you for $5.00 per sheet. They can probably arrange them to all fit on one sheet then you can cut them out.

It's worth a call to them if you have one in your area. HTH

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 12

If you can't do the grocery store/Walmart thing, how about ordering online? I just did a quick google search and there are a bunch of places that will let you order online and upload the pictures to them....here are just two I found.......

http://www.gogocake.com/store/

http://www.icingimages.com/icing.php?link=1

HTH! icon_smile.gif

Adria_NyxxTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adria_NyxxTX Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 12

You can try copycake.com. I bought some image paper from them and just printed on my regular printer at home.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adria_NyxxTX

You can try copycake.com. I bought some image paper from them and just printed on my regular printer at home.

Would that not be toxic using the regular ink? Isn't that why they make edible ink??

smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:

Wouldn't your regular printer ink be toxic? I think it is.

Adria_NyxxTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adria_NyxxTX Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 12

I'm not dead yet...it's such a small amount it would be no worse than eating a piece of paper you've printed on. I've checked the packaging of the ink and nowhere does it say not to eat it. I'm sure if you sucked down the whole cartridge of ink it would not be good for you. Of course a person could scrape off the image from their piece.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:

I'm not dead yet...it's such a small amount it would be no worse than eating a piece of paper you've printed on. I've checked the packaging of the ink and nowhere does it say not to eat it. I'm sure if you sucked down the whole cartridge of ink it would not be good for you. Of course a person could scrape off the image from their piece.

Yeah I was thinking that too...that you're not dead yet lol.

But I was just wondering. I know if we could use regular ink it would save A LOT of money. But I am already in process of getting the edible stuff now.

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #12 of 12

I have used http://cakephotos.net/ they have done a great job for me. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%