Stamping/impressing Cookies - Shortbread Or Sugar Cookie

Baking By berryblondeboys Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm by pattycakesnj

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 7

How much would you charge per cookie for an impressed/stamped cookie - something like this? 2" or 3":

http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/cookie-stamp-ENTER1206-de.jpg

6 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 7

Can't see it :/

berryblondeboys Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 7

OK, I picked a different link! Oops! And, it wouldn't be a rubber stamp. I would have made a clay one or a wood one. No coloring or anything, just a cookie with a simple impression with this on it:

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 7

They should show us the cookies AFTER they've been baked -- it's not as easy as it looks to keep a nice, clear impression!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 7

I would charge less than you would for a decorated cookie, price should be based on time, difficulty, etc and I would assume you just roll out dough and press stamp and bake

berryblondeboys Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 7

Ah, but how much less? I still need to roll them and impress them, but not ice and decorate... If I would charge $2 for a wrapped decorated cookie of this type, what for this impression?

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 7

$2 seems a little low for a decorated cookie. that doesn't leave any room for the stamped cookie. Also how big are they, they look small n the picture?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%