Ganache User's-Help Please

Decorating By Niquie Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm by Niquie

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:54am
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I was just wondering if someone wouldn't mind sharing which ganache recipe (a fairly fast and simple one)? I am making a cake for someone who loves chocolate and I figured this would be a good addition to the cake. Thanks for any help!!!

Ashley

5 replies
luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:58am
post #2 of 6

here's a bunch of recipes

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&sort=recipename&sort_dir=ASC&op=search&chname=X&chingredients=X&searchtext=chocolate+ganache&cat_id=-1

I use

12oz semi-sweet choc
1 c heavy cream
2 tbsps butter
2 tbsps sugar

scald cream, pour over choc, butter and sugar. stir til melted. let cool to room temp

Niquie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:33am
post #3 of 6

Thanks a lot!!!

Ashley

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:45am
post #4 of 6

I use the following recipe :

1/2 cup thickened cream
250g dark choc

Heat cream until just simmering. Take off the heat and stir in the choc until mixture is smooth. Leave aside to set.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 6

I use: 2c heavy cream and 16oz. of semi-sweet chocolate, I happened to like the semi better. Heat cream to simmering remove from heat add chopped chocolate, let it sit for 5 min and then stir until well combined. Refrigerate and stir every 30 min until desired thickness.

Niquie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks MissRobin for the refridgeration tip, I made some and went to pour it on the cake and was wondering why it was still so thin. I guess I should have put it in the fridge and then used it, or at least let my cake get a chill before pouring it on. Oh well, you live and you learn I guess. Another cake disaster for me!!! The chocolate went everywhere, covered the entire cake (which I was not trying to do), but I guess I know why that happened now. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%